Puppy Killer Banned From Owning A Pet

Kirty

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8119547

A West Australian woman has been banned from ever owning a pet after she pleaded guilty to killing a puppy by repeatedly throwing it against a wall.

Tracie Marie Beal was sentenced in Mandurah Magistrates Court on Thursday for ill treating an animal.

The 28-year-old Mandurah woman had admitted that on the night of January 19 she was given a small, six-week old puppy by a friend.

Beal then took the puppy home and after a short time she became upset and repeatedly threw it against a wall, killing the animal.

A magistrate banned Beal from ever being in charge of a pet and ordered her to undergo a nine-month community based order under supervision.

She was also ordered to pay nearly $1000 in costs to the RSPCA.

Yeah thats all very well on paper....but banning her from ever owning a pet? who is going to know if she doesn't microchip or register an animal. Even if she did how would the authorities know...... :rofl: Is there a central register that sounds alarm bells if she tries to do either in any local govt area or with any microchip company....sorry if I sound stupid, but how do they monitor this, if she ever gets another pet????

I know of several people who are banned from animal keeping. The RSPCA does monitor them, and I know of one family which has had dogs removed from their premises several times. They are not charged because they are not intentionally cruel.

This woman can break the law but there are many avenues of checking. Her friends now know, and are less likely to give her dogs.

This punishment should be applied more widely in Australia.

I know of several people who are banned from animal keeping. The RSPCA does monitor them, and I know of one family which has had dogs removed from their premises several times. They are not charged because they are not intentionally cruel.

This woman can break the law but there are many avenues of checking. Her friends now know, and are less likely to give her dogs.

This punishment should be applied more widely in Australia.

Anyone who is a friend of someone like that probably wouldn't report her if they saw her with a pet.

However, now that she has been in the newspapers, other members of the community might - it is to be hoped.

I am so so disgusted with this. It actually makes me want to throw up. I have two german shepherds (one is 16 months and one is 11 weeks) - and I look at my baby girl and couldn't even think about even smacking her (even though I give her a light tap if she's naughty) let alone throw her against a wall...

the woman got 'upset'??? 'UPSET'??? the b***h should be put in jail!! ooohh a $1000 fine??? what is that going to do to deter her?? Am I the only person who thinks there should be jail time for killing or mistreating animals?? Instead of just a fine and a POSSIBLE ban???

Honestly... I am a very loving person and I am against murder and death and killing and all that - but when it comes to people hurting animals, I really hope they rot in jail. :D

I am so so disgusted with this. It actually makes me want to throw up. I have two german shepherds (one is 16 months and one is 11 weeks) - and I look at my baby girl and couldn't even think about even smacking her (even though I give her a light tap if she's naughty) let alone throw her against a wall...

the woman got 'upset'??? 'UPSET'??? the b***h should be put in jail!! ooohh a $1000 fine??? what is that going to do to deter her?? Am I the only person who thinks there should be jail time for killing or mistreating animals?? Instead of just a fine and a POSSIBLE ban???

Honestly... I am a very loving person and I am against murder and death and killing and all that - but when it comes to people hurting animals, I really hope they rot in jail. :D

Its sad to see stories like this =( why do some people think they can do whatever they like to lives of animals when they wouldnt do the same to human??

I guess the ban means nothing to her because she may not even like dogs to begin with, maybe send her to jail for irresponsibly taking a being's life!

Its sad to see stories like this =( why do some people think they can do whatever they like to lives of animals when they wouldnt do the same to human??

I guess the ban means nothing to her because she may not even like dogs to begin with, maybe send her to jail for irresponsibly taking a being's life!

People who hurt those who are incapable of defending themselves are cowards. It makes them feel powerful. I think you will find that people who physically abuse animals, also do this to their own children (because they can).

These types of people are the most gutless people in existance in my opinion. They have no right to treat animals this way. :D

This makes my stomach turn, obviously a case of someone with anger management issues...no excuses will suffice! Animal cruelty definitely deserves some real jail time....she got off wayyy too lightly.

Edited by Moselle

Whilst I'm glad of the ban, I hardly think this is a tough sentence.

People like this need to be put through rigorous psychiatric treatment/anger management programs etc. This sentence is not a deterrent. We need to really punish them (serious jail time) and get to the root of their 'problems'. This is not normal behaviour, there is something wrong with these people - and a ban, some community service and a light fine is not going to do that.

Come on, let's get tough on these cruel, warped people.

Whilst I'm glad of the ban, I hardly think this is a tough sentence.

People like this need to be put through rigorous psychiatric treatment/anger management programs etc. This sentence is not a deterrent. We need to really punish them (serious jail time) and get to the root of their 'problems'. This is not normal behaviour, there is something wrong with these people - and a ban, some community service and a light fine is not going to do that.

Come on, let's get tough on these cruel, warped people.

You said it right, these individuals do need psychiatric treatment, no doubt....and punishment to boot! I can't imagine how they can ensure that this woman is never going to own a pet, she can easily get away with owning a dog/cat/etc...and the authorities will be none the wiser, as for relying on friends to dob her in.....I seriously doubt it...