Dog Bed Recommendations

Kyra

My sharpei is being a real pain lately, I've spent a small fortune on different trampoline type beds for him for outside and he digs right through them within an hour of having them! :laugh:

Can anybody recommend a bed suitable for outside that has a really strong cover on it? I'd put a soft bed out there but he drags his bones into them.

Which covers have you tried on the frame (trampoline) beds? You can get hessian, flea free (which is basically shade cloth), heavy duty flea free (tighter weave than the standard one) and canvas.

One of my kelpies used to dig in hers, I was replacing the hessian fortnightly or flea free about every month, so tried the canvas and that lasted about 6 months when it just got a small hole and kept on going for another month or so till it really opened up and had to be replaced.

I have 2 Snooza D1000 beds - I use them indoors in their crates but they are advertised as an outdoor bed. The Dally's bed is unmarked after 3 years and young pup is having no luck with hers either :angeldevil:

+1 for Snooza D1000 - Gus eats his bed recreationally. Hasn't managed to impact the Snooza.

Hi, the best beds for outside (under cover) are the original trampoline dog beds - these are steel framed with a canvas cover, but the cover does not go across the outside frame. I have one that is over 32 years old - been through 4 great danes, golden retriever, several kelpies, a rottiexdobe. It is so easy to clean (just hose down and every now and then I give it a wash with some dishwashing liquid and hose off. The canvas is very strong and it's pretty impossible to chew through as the dogs won't want to bite across the steel frame.

I think the website is: www.trampolinedogbeds.com.au They are situated in Asquith NSW.

Hi, the best beds for outside (under cover) are the original trampoline dog beds - these are steel framed with a canvas cover, but the cover does not go across the outside frame. I have one that is over 32 years old - been through 4 great danes, golden retriever, several kelpies, a rottiexdobe. It is so easy to clean (just hose down and every now and then I give it a wash with some dishwashing liquid and hose off. The canvas is very strong and it's pretty impossible to chew through as the dogs won't want to bite across the steel frame.

I think the website is: www.trampolinedogbeds.com.au They are situated in Asquith NSW.

I have these and they are fabulous - but my golden can dig thru and shred the covers.