What Cheeses Me Off !

Mandalay

I must admit that this thread has made me think twice about wanting to show in the future as I think I would probably piss alot of people off!

I'm sure I'd commit a multitude of sins and all before I've even gotten into the ring!

Nah, you're in Darwin now ;)

I've only been showing for 2 years (so I'm still new). My dogs and I have done an assortment of 'wrong' stuff.

-I've stopped in the wrong place.................then said to the judge 'Oh, wrong spot. Do you want me to come over there?' :rofl:

-My bitch decided she was in love with a judge so she face-planted into his chest and swooned.

There's heaps more, but one stands out.

My boy peed on another exhibitor :thumbsup:

We were having a chat and I wasn't watching him. I was mortified and did help clean up. She's still talking to me (and possibly reading this :laugh::) )

:)

Mmmmmm drenchy Dane pee. ;)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still considered a noob - only showing for the last 12 months........

BUT, my pet peeve is when long time exhibitors will crowd your dog on the move and on the stand while behind you to put your dog off - if intimidation is your best show asset then do you really need to be showing! Have had it done to me and have seen it done to friends - very un-necessary!

BUT, my pet peeve is when long time exhibitors will crowd your dog on the move and on the stand while behind you to put your dog off - if intimidation is your best show asset then do you really need to be showing! Have had it done to me and have seen it done to friends - very un-necessary!

they must feel intimidated by you :laugh: i set up a bit away form the dog in fornt allows room to move up if this happens :eek: my show trianer told me this one.

they must feel intimidated by you :laugh: i set up a bit away form the dog in fornt allows room to move up if this happens :eek: my show trianer told me this one.

LOL - I dont think so, but it is a nice way to look at it! The setting up part is easy to deal with its the crowding on the move that I think is slack! I have seen her do it to a junior showperson as well - :) Makes you wonder why they come?

LOL - I dont think so, but it is a nice way to look at it! The setting up part is easy to deal with its the crowding on the move that I think is slack! I have seen her do it to a junior showperson as well - :) Makes you wonder why they come?

Awful - if she's right up your backside on the move, I'd go as slowly as I could.....LOL or stop, ask the judge if you can go again and then ask her if she would mind keeping an appropriate distance between her dog and yours.

How about setting up right on your tail then stomping their feet hard to make your dog turn around - had that one recently too :laugh: It worked, but I went home and played stompy games until the dog stopped caring, LOL. I wonder how many other pathetic dirty tricks I will need to learn to counter.

Funnily enough I noticed an exhibitor who is very vocal about the evils of bum running run up someone else's bum recently. Must only be a dirty trick when someone else does it. :eek:

But the person whose bum they ran up had already done a very naughty crowd in the challenge line up with their bum basically hanging over the dog in front so I didn't feel sorry for them either. The games people play. You gotta :laugh: or you'd :)

Funnily enough I noticed an exhibitor who is very vocal about the evils of bum running run up someone else's bum recently. Must only be a dirty trick when someone else does it. :eek:

But the person whose bum they ran up had already done a very naughty crowd in the challenge line up with their bum basically hanging over the dog in front so I didn't feel sorry for them either. The games people play. You gotta :laugh: or you'd :)

~~mental image~~ Dog or handler? ROLMAO! :)

Funnily enough I noticed an exhibitor who is very vocal about the evils of bum running run up someone else's bum recently. Must only be a dirty trick when someone else does it. :)

But the person whose bum they ran up had already done a very naughty crowd in the challenge line up with their bum basically hanging over the dog in front so I didn't feel sorry for them either. The games people play. You gotta :eek: or you'd ;)

:laugh::)

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie

Please please someone do this to Howie.. they'd get a nice goosing for their trouble. :)

All the dirty tricks and bad sportsmanship stories reminded me of a really funny thing I saw at a show.

It's about someone getting the "come-uppance" in the most unexpected way. I shouldn't laugh about it but I think it's funny.

Saturday Show - very ultra-serious exhibitor doesn't win BOB as expected, gets upset and goes on quite vocally about how judge was no good, too old, doesn't know what's going on, etc, and pulls all dogs out of all classes in group in protest.

Sunday Show - very ultra-serious exhibitor does win BOB and Group - very happy until entering ring for general specials and judge from Saturday is doing them. As the judge (who was too old and didn't know what was going on apparently....) goes over the dog (I was pretty close to the ring), soft comment from the judge "so, you weren't able to make it back in for group specials yesterday..........."

Watching said very ultra-serious exhibitor squirm was quite amusing and kudos to the judge for making the point in such a professional yet cutting way....LOL. And for the record, even though I did absolutely no good under the judge, I thought they did a great job all weekend :laugh:

All the dirty tricks and bad sportsmanship stories reminded me of a really funny thing I saw at a show.

It's about someone getting the "come-uppance" in the most unexpected way. I shouldn't laugh about it but I think it's funny.

Saturday Show - very ultra-serious exhibitor doesn't win BOB as expected, gets upset and goes on quite vocally about how judge was no good, too old, doesn't know what's going on, etc, and pulls all dogs out of all classes in group in protest.

Sunday Show - very ultra-serious exhibitor does win BOB and Group - very happy until entering ring for general specials and judge from Saturday is doing them. As the judge (who was too old and didn't know what was going on apparently....) goes over the dog (I was pretty close to the ring), soft comment from the judge "so, you weren't able to make it back in for group specials yesterday..........."

Watching said very ultra-serious exhibitor squirm was quite amusing and kudos to the judge for making the point in such a professional yet cutting way....LOL. And for the record, even though I did absolutely no good under the judge, I thought they did a great job all weekend :eek:

:laugh:

Dammit - too much time spent on Facebook for me! I keep looking for the LIKE button! LOL

We aren't serious enough contenders too face most of these problems, but the one that really annoys me is having too wait for another group to finish judging the group specials because one competitor was in there.....every other breed was ready to go in and waiting but apparantly had to wait for this person :laugh:

Ohh and having the exhibitors in the breed behind you forget you are there......uhh hello we are standing right here, next to the entrance! Then they give you evil looks because they have to get out of the ring and actually wait for us. Happens to us a fair bit for both breed and group judging.

Edited by tollersowned

We aren't serious enough contenders too face most of these problems, but the one that really annoys me is having too wait for another group to finish judging the group specials because one competitor was in there.....every other breed was ready to go in and waiting but apparantly had to wait for this person :)

Ohh and having the exhibitors in the breed behind you forget you are there......uhh hello we are standing right here, next to the entrance! Then they give you evil looks because they have to get out of the ring and actually wait for us. Happens to us a fair bit for both breed and group judging.

Had this happen to a friend the other day they din't call his number i was like that's your lass go so he did and asked steward who goes you got knocked out ahh no i was the only one so automatic rofl. looks again oh yeah right he has an r dog the s dogs wouldn't let him through to get ot his place. he ran after the s dogs, thoguht it rather rude actually.

i always move if there is a breed/ dog that is supposed to be infront.

i've had it good lately made it to challenge a few times (first tiems ever) and actually had a senior exhibitor say don't go anywhere you need to go back in awwwww i am soo used to walking off rofl

i've seen the one lead multiple dog things though but not in our ring, normally have people lined up outside holding all dogs that need to go in.

being told in puppy sweeps that I have a nice "manchester", "MinPin", "Doberman" when I have a German Pinscher! gotta wonder what the judge is thinking when I'm not up at the front in toys or terriers....ok....so the Dobe I can see...but then when I tell the judge that the puppy is almost six months and they have this VERY puzzled look on their face as if to say "gee...that 'dobe' won't make size!"

I agree about the lack of directions....boy, if the OH didn't know where these shows were, I"d be still driving around the back roads of god knows where looking!!

I get more of a giggle seeing everyone closed up tight into their gazebos, crammed ringside every weekend, and those that come late, who bitch and whinge about having to set up ALL the way over in the next ring.....too funny....come to a little show I did in Canton Ohio where we were set up in Airedale land by ring 2 and I was showing my GP in ring 30 which I think was in the next time zone!

ok 2 things from this weekends show.

When you have a baby puppy that is brainless and you are waiting for baby in group just get said brainless baby puppy settled so he MIGHT actually walk in the ring and people standing there yappy with there dogs on long leads taking no bloody notice that there dog is jumping all over your dog, and when you say something to them they say no she's alright she just wants to play. :champagne::birthday::birthday::cheers::cheer:

And one thing that REALLY pisses me off is when the dachie people take there trolleys ringside while I am in with my basenji's. Not only do the dachies yap constantly, and all there trolleys are crowding the ring entrance, but while putting my dog away and getting my bitch out I had a dachie exhibitor have a go at my because me getting my dogs in and out of the trolley was stirring her dogs up!

Basenji's were on and there were still Beagles and Borzoi's before Dachies were even thought about.