Kuma And Ava's Birthday Party

KumaAkita

Ok, since I can't send a message to more than 3 people at once (if there is a way, let me know...) I decided to set up a thread to plan Kuma and Ava's Joint 1st Birthday Party.

Where: Forde BBQ Area. Wuffles did a little reconnaissance this afternoon and decided that the BBQ Area off Zakharov Avenue, opposite the childcare centre would be the best. There is parking on all the nearby streets. It's about 700m from the dog park. She linked me a map, but I can't seem to get it in here... Wuffles, can you please post it?

When: Saturday 27th November at 12:00 noon.

What to bring: Wuffles and I will supply sausages, onion, bread, salad and soft drink. Please bring along anything you'd especially like to eat. Also bring along a chair, hat, sunscreen, picnic rug...

Thanks to those who have RSVP'd, anyone else wanting to come please let me know by Friday so I can cater accordingly. So far we have 11 humans and 10 dogs!

Happy to give out my mobile number for those who may need help getting there... just PM me!

So, fingers crossed the weather holds out :) We will go ahead if it's a light drizzle... if it's bucketing down, we may go to Plan B*.

*dunno what Plan B is yet, but hey... got a few days yet!

Edited by KumaAkita

KTB, I'll stand next to you in photos so I'm photoshopped out too! Lots of doggie pics will be good though.

I'm not going away this wkd after all so Saxon and I will be there. Yay, can't wait to see everyone!

Hmm, I just asked Saxon if he wants to go to a party on Saturday, he looked at me then rolled over and went back to sleep :eek: I'm sure he'll be more enthusiastic on the day :thumbsup:

Edited by Saxonpup

KTB, I'll stand next to you in photos so I'm photoshopped out too! Lots of doggie pics will be good though.

It's a deal! :thumbsup:

Hmm, I just asked Saxon if he wants to go to a party on Saturday, he looked at me then rolled over and went back to sleep :) I'm sure he'll be more enthusiastic on the day :D

:eek: He can have a trial run to see what he thinks of everyone this Thursday evening. It seems that a large number of us will be at the Dog School Assessment and BBQ. :mad I am still having guilt that poor Hoover will be at home in a crate, though since I want to watch Elbie's assessment but OH thinks that having Hoover with me would be distracting.

oooh thursday will be fun! I'm not really expecting us to pass this time, but we've been practising lots and improving in the last couple of weeks, so we may fluke it. I really don't mind if we don't pass though, at least we'll get a sausage!!

Poor Hoovey at home alone :eek: Just kidding, he won't know what he's missing, and Elbie will love the attention. Hoover can come next time :thumbsup:

And I'm pretty sure once Saxon realises he's at a party surrounded by dogs, people and food, he'll be perfectly happy!

I don't think we need any more food but feel free to bring some, or anything you might like to eat if you don't like sausages! :dancingelephant: We don't have any dog treaties planned though, not sure if that would be a good idea...

The BBQ area is quite nice, next to grassy bits and trees. Hopefully the weather holds out though :dancingelephant:

I'll be at the assessment night early to help out and do Ava's runthrough but I don't think I am bringing the big black one (he'll be stuck at home like Hoover). If anyone wants me to take pictures or video of their assessments let me know as I'll just be hanging around from about 6:45pm...

Thanks for the well wishes The Ark - much appreciated!

:rofl: @ Saxon... cheeky little monkey! I'm sure he'll be well excited when the time comes. I do hope he's not put off by big boofers... Kuma is a bit rambunctious when he's excited, harmless but exuberant.

Like Wuffles said - we don't really need any more food, but bring along anything you like! I don't think anyone would say no to a bit more!

Lets agree that there will be no photos of humans posted to the forum or on Facebook (without prior approval!) Lest anyone be mortified! But there will be photos. Oh yes, there will be photos.

I'm really looking forward to it - should be a real hoot and a holler!

Thanks for the well wishes The Ark - much appreciated!

:rofl: @ Saxon... cheeky little monkey! I'm sure he'll be well excited when the time comes. I do hope he's not put off by big boofers... Kuma is a bit rambunctious when he's excited, harmless but exuberant.

Like Wuffles said - we don't really need any more food, but bring along anything you like! I don't think anyone would say no to a bit more!

Lets agree that there will be no photos of humans posted to the forum or on Facebook (without prior approval!) Lest anyone be mortified! But there will be photos. Oh yes, there will be photos.

I'm really looking forward to it - should be a real hoot and a holler!

And video too please! :laugh:

Forecast for Saturday

Cloud increasing. Isolated showers in the afternoon and evening. Light winds tending northwesterly up to 35 km/h during the morning.

City Centre Shower or two developing. Min14 Max27

Weather is sounding OK so far..