Grong Grong

SkySoaringMagpie

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only are my tanks overflowing (first time in over 9 years) but I'm officially cut off by water.

The road's cut between here (Windellama) and Bungendore and causeways over between here and Goulburn.

I'd already wimped out on Grongie but planned on going to the ACT. Not going anywhere now. No big problem,

enough food etc for a week or so but I feel for those suffering from flood damage. I'm in an enviable position and I think I'll stay home & count my blessings.

Not only are my tanks overflowing (first time in over 9 years) but I'm officially cut off by water.

The road's cut between here (Windellama) and Bungendore and causeways over between here and Goulburn.

I'd already wimped out on Grongie but planned on going to the ACT. Not going anywhere now. No big problem,

enough food etc for a week or so but I feel for those suffering from flood damage. I'm in an enviable position and I think I'll stay home & count my blessings.

Kings Highway and Majura Road are also cut - this is far worse than the last lot.

Well Daphne is going so I'll be there on Sunday to watch her in the ring and bring her home. I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed that we don't get any MORE rain between now and then and the roads that are currently open remain open.

I won't lie - I probably wouldn't have done the show still but I'm going to be so glad to see Daphne again. I hope she is happy to see us :thumbsup:

To date the only road closure is the Sturt Highway between the Gullie and Wagga so stick to the original plan of going through Wagga to Coolamon and Ganmain and then on to Grong Grong.

For road closure updates best to use MyRTA website, then click on Live Traffic, make sure you select incidents and floods - its very easy site to navigate.

Good luck everyone and have fun

Thanks your are a sweetie...home from the meeting already???

Meeting cancelled - a bit of a wet event :wave:

There have been numerous road closures around the southern area today.

There hasn't been any more rain since late morning, but the Murrumbidgee is on the rise again.

Hopefully many of those roads will be open again tomorrow?

Not sure of all council areas, but Wagga City Council updates road closures on its website and Gundagai done the same today. Not sure about Narrandera.

The following link was also updated on BOM tonight: http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDN36628.html

Safe travelling everyone!

I have spoken to several family members and friends in Wagga tonight and they tell me that there is water over some of the road from Wagga to Coolamon but that is from rain not river flooding and is expected to clear. There are some significant delays on the road from Albury to Wagga caused by water over the road at Culcairn but at this stage the road is open and it should clear by tomorrow.

There are some concerns about the roads in Wagga itself I understand and of course the caravan park is now a marina :wave: but the town itself is still passable.

Its my understanding that the Hume Highway is currently closed at Tarcutta but check again in the morning.

I still maintain the Live Traffic site at MyRTA is the best option for checking road conditions and it constantly refreshes itself.

I will try and post an update on the Wagga to Coolamon Road in the morning after my family travels over it to get to work.

Update from RTA, Culcairn had been closed, is now open at this hour but we were told that it could be shut again in a few hours so take care as there will be delays or detours or find alternative routes. Apparently the Newell Highway is open all the way with no issues.