Grong Grong

SkySoaringMagpie

I would also be happy to see it cancelled and the money used for a super-dooper show next year. Takes all the risk and uncertainty away and those that work can cancel leave and save it for another day. I am in a group and we have all agreed to touch base later tomorrow and make a decision plus we will travel in convey (if going) to look after each other.

The same plans are in train with my show pals. :o

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really would have thought the show would be cancelled.

If they do, I don't expect a refund. The club can use the money towards next year's shows. :)

Problem is they would have spent a fair bit on sashes etc. Prizes can be reused.

If I was entered there would be no way I would head up there this weekend.

I saw that bit on the morning show with the submerged house. :o

The showgrounds might be dry but its the getting in and out.

We were lucky with Daylesford in that we could turn back and go to the left but it still took us over the same creek but that bridge has higher.

The Ballarat show next day, the group 1 judge had to turn back twice and still had go over a flooded road.

Safety first IMHO.

If they do, I don't expect a refund. The club can use the money towards next year's shows. :o

Problem is they would have spent a fair bit on sashes etc. Prizes can be reused.

So can sashes. :)

Like I said in a prevous post, I would have thought these shows would be cancelled due to the safety risk.

I had entered these shows, and was so very much looking forward to going after hearing all the good things about this weekend. Also it would have been my last show for the year.

But I am not going based solely on the safety concern, I called it early (Monday due to reports in the areas and predicted weather and conditions) and have cancelled accommodation. I do not want to add to the SES's troubles in any way as they have one hell of a job on their hands without the added "tourists" going into the affected areas. I also do not want to risk my and my dogs safety in any way for a ribbon. Coming from an OH&S side of things the risk was not worth it.

If the shows are cancelled I would not be expecting a refund, the weather is an act of god so to speak and out of the Show Committees hands. I am confident that all or most of the exhibitors who had entered this weekend would be happy to NOT ask for a refund if the shows were cancelled due to the circumstances. But hey that is IMO.

edited for spelling and clarity.

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

I don't think I'll be going - I'm in Shepparton and it's absolutly pi#*ing down here, streets flooded, gutters backing up - can't even hear the phones ring at work :mad And apparently the worst is still meant to come!

Still no significant falls in the region yet but the radar is starting to look ominous. The BOM website has this:

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

for DAMAGING WIND and FLASH FLOODING

For people in the

Riverina,

Lower Western,

Upper Western and parts of the

Central West Slopes and Plains Forecast Districts.

Issued at 2:03 pm Wednesday, 8 December 2010.

Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, very heavy rainfall and flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Wagga Wagga, Albury, Deniliquin, Tibooburra, Cobar, Bourke and Broken Hill.

Edited by poodlefan

If they do, I don't expect a refund. The club can use the money towards next year's shows. :mad

So can sashes. :)

Not if they have a date or the judges name on them!

To date the only road closure is the Sturt Highway between the Gullie and Wagga so stick to the original plan of going through Wagga to Coolamon and Ganmain and then on to Grong Grong.

For road closure updates best to use MyRTA website, then click on Live Traffic, make sure you select incidents and floods - its very easy site to navigate.

Good luck everyone and have fun

To date the only road closure is the Sturt Highway between the Gullie and Wagga so stick to the original plan of going through Wagga to Coolamon and Ganmain and then on to Grong Grong.

For road closure updates best to use MyRTA website, then click on Live Traffic, make sure you select incidents and floods - its very easy site to navigate.

Thanks your are a sweetie...home from the meeting already???

Hume Highway is closing north of Tarcutta. I have to say this is looking less and less like a smart move.

[heads off to confer with show buddies]

Yeah I have to ring Katherine tonight and see whether or not they're coming and then work out how we're going to meet up to pick up Daphne.

The rain here overnight was just nuts.

Perhaps pick her up somewhere on the Hume on Sunday - it should be open again by then.

If they do, I don't expect a refund. The club can use the money towards next year's shows. :dummy:

So can sashes. :dunce:

It ofa problem if they are dated. :dunce::laugh: