How Often Can I Feed Raw Eggs?

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering how often I can feed my 2 dogs, 9 and 10.5 months old raw eggs? I gave them I each on top of their kibble last night and about a week ago and they absolutely loved it! They ate everything in their bowl which they hardly ever do and I havent noticed a change in health so far so they seem to agree with them. Is 2-3 times a week too much?

Thanks in advance

What sort of dogs are they.. My BC gets at least one a week & sometimes two. Use the whole egg including the crumbled up shell for a balance meal.

They are spaniel x poodles...realy the whole shell also? Wont that be sharp in their mouth going down?

I'll start giving them 2 a week and they will love me even more!! :laugh:

I have a friend who has a nifty trick of giving the whole egg to his dog and the dog will gently carry it out to his food bowl ready for dinner without cracking it open..... It'd be gone in seconds if I tried that with Harvey....

I have a friend who has a nifty trick of giving the whole egg to his dog and the dog will gently carry it out to his food bowl ready for dinner without cracking it open..... It'd be gone in seconds if I tried that with Harvey....

Well my Mum came home the other week to find a full raw egg in her living room with a tooth size chip out the top and her dog sucked the egg out and didnt eat the shell! Thats why I was curious when Sheena said to give them the shell too!

I always crumble the shell up because we have chooks & I don't want her thinking it is OK to eat the eggs. The raw shell is a valuable source of calcium...it's not much different to your dog eating a meaty bone....texture wise

I always crumble the shell up because we have chooks & I don't want her thinking it is OK to eat the eggs. The raw shell is a valuable source of calcium...it's not much different to your dog eating a meaty bone....texture wise

Oh ok well thats good to know! Thanks I'll crumble up the shell next time and see how it goes!

Billie will carry an egg carefully out to the deck then drop it. Then she rolls it around and checks for a crack...if no eggy goodness, she will pick it up and drop it again. Rinse, repeat until the shell breaks. Took 6 drops last Saturday!

She has one every weekend, and occasionally an extra during the week.