Oz Trail Gazebo

Delviktar

I currently have the oz trail deluxe gazebo (3x3) , but I am considering buying the compact oztrail gazebo (due to struggling to fit it in my car and it doesnt fit in the tack box on my trailer) or I believe there is now a compact deluxe gazebo available.

What is the length (and weight) of the compact gazebo/compact deluxe gazebo when in bag?

Do you think the compact gazebo is a better option?

I currently have the oz trail deluxe gazebo (3x3) , but I am considering buying the compact oztrail gazebo (due to struggling to fit it in my car and it doesnt fit in the tack box on my trailer) or I believe there is now a compact deluxe gazebo available.

What is the length (and weight) of the compact gazebo/compact deluxe gazebo when in bag?

Hi

I have a delux Model but never seen a compact delux. The compact units are very good for handling but not very strong in windy weather. Good luck

DB

You can find the weight and packed dimensions of all the models on the oztrail website, just google.

I have a compact because I like a lighter model for ease of handling. It's not as strong as the deluxe but that's the trade-off.

How you rope/tie it down is a major part in keeping your gazebo from flying across the ground.

Second what SwaY states. I have seen a large heavy duty Gazebo totally trashed by not being tied down. Same night poodlefan's trusty compact survived due to being tied down properly. :cheer: :D :rofl: :D

How you rope/tie it down is a major part in keeping your gazebo from flying across the ground.

Ditto

Throw away the crappy little pegs that come with it and get some big heavy duty ones, there was a thread recently on how to secure guy ropes and things to make it sturdier, I'll see if I can find it.

I have the Market Gazebo which is similar to the compact and it has withstood some big gusts of wind but it has mega pegs holding it down.

Throw away the crappy little pegs that come with it and get some big heavy duty ones, there was a thread recently on how to secure guy ropes and things to make it sturdier, I'll see if I can find it.

I have the Market Gazebo which is similar to the compact and it has withstood some big gusts of wind but it has mega pegs holding it down.

Sorry I didn't mean peg as in tent peg, I mean the little pegs which lock the gazebo legs into place.

ETA: OzTrail promised to fix it, but never did.

Edited by Miss B

I have a compact and a compact pavilion.

Havnt got a clue how big they are but both fit easily into a standard sedan boot with room to spare, also we have never had any issues with it flying away but we always make sure that it properly tied down.

We have a compact, great little gazebo even the kids can drag it out of the car and set it up. One of the legs no longer locks in (must be a common problem) after about 4 uses, now we wedge a peg in there to stop it sliding down.

I am sure Reece at Hastings Camping would be able to help.

Sorry I didn't mean peg as in tent peg, I mean the little pegs which lock the gazebo legs into place.

ETA: OzTrail promised to fix it, but never did.

Oh MissB - you can fix this super easy!! Get one of those sturdy tentpegs - just about 8mm diameter. The top bent bit fits superbly right into the hole where the "little locking peg thing" should pop out and hold everything sturdy.

Oh MissB - you can fix this super easy!! Get one of those sturdy tentpegs - just about 8mm diameter. The top bent bit fits superbly right into the hole where the "little locking peg thing" should pop out and hold everything sturdy.

Thanks for the tip :thumbsup: