Dogs Qld Virtual Dog Show

nabs

EVERYONE PLEASE SUPPORT THIS INITIATIVE:

Dogs Queensland is organising a virtual dogshow (similar to that held in Victoria) to help those Dog Exhibitors effected by the devastating floods in Queensland.

Some of our friends have lost everything. PLEASE SHOW YOUR GENEROSITY!

Please show your support regardless of where in the world you ar...e...

THANKYOU SO MUCH!

Edited by *Shelties N Danes*

I am in too :confused:

I think it was a fabulous idea by Vic Dog last year and will again participate I love that I was able to enter my girl who I lost late 2009 along with my current dogs.

I have already let people know it is coming via Facebook, and as soon as we can enter will let all my friends across the world know.

~ Thinking of everyone in Queensland and their animals xoxo ~

What is a virtual dog show? I only started showing last year and didn't hear about the one for Vic.

It's a way to raise funds for those in need, in a uniquely doggy way :)

From memory, it cost $10 to enter a dog in the Vic one.

All the names of the dogs were placed in a calalogue and that was posted to all state offices, it was also available to view on line.

There are no prizes, no BIS, just a group of like-minded people gathering together to raise funds for their doggy friends.

I entered my dog, and I have looked her name up in the 'catalogue'. There was a section for 'progeny of mixed marriages' (or something similar), so you can enter mutts, too. As it was a 'virtual' show, dogs who have left us could also enter (I entered a gone but not forgotten dog, as well).

The Vic catalogue was great, there were dogs from around the world.

It's a fantastic idea, I'll be supporting this one. :thumbsup:

What is a virtual dog show? I only started showing last year and didn't hear about the one for Vic.

I'm wondering this too!

What are they and how do they work?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the one by Dogs Vic last year basically just involved people entering dogs and then a catalogue was compiled as a sort of souvenir. I think it's a great idea and will be participating for sure :thumbsup: