Thank Dog For Good Recall...i Hope

Monah

Just saw this Monah,

huge hugs and a virtual huge glass of your favourite tipple to calm the nerves.

Sounding good with no symptoms at this point.

You must be feeling VERY frayed by now.

fifi, danny & hounds xxx

excellent Monah....good to hear no bitey's. i am like you, i am not worried about too much training but a solid recall is critical and a safety word.

i taught jaxx "WAIT" and if i yell that she stops in her tracks, hangs her head down and does not move a muscle until i get to her.

it saved her life when she got startled when we were out walking and the lead got out of my hand and there was traffic on the road.

because she waited the cars could go round her and i ran up and got her.......i didn't know i still had a sprint in me :)

we do WAIT too. Roisin is not as good as Moo, she's a realy hunting dog, but using a 'fishwife' voice helps with her ;) :)

we've made it through the day. Need a drink! bloody dogs..

Fifi, getting a tipple right now. ;)

LM, no special dinner, she is already a blob :D but we have had even more kisses and chats today than normal.

Gosh Monah - what a time!!! I knew there was a reason I didn't want to go and live in Australia!!! What's this about Scotland?

I want to go to the UK...

Realistically it wont happen, we had a bit of a 'Scottish' topic happening a while ago.. :)

I'd love the freedom of no (or hardly any) snakes... had another in the pool last week, a different one to today. :D

Gosh Monah - what a time!!! I knew there was a reason I didn't want to go and live in Australia!!! What's this about Scotland?

I want to go to the UK...

Realistically it wont happen, we had a bit of a 'Scottish' topic happening a while ago.. :D

I'd love the freedom of no (or hardly any) snakes... had another in the pool last week, a different one to today. :)

We don't have them in New Zealand!! :)

Glad to hear your dog is OK, Monah. Sorry about the other ones on the sick list though. Things happen in threes so hopefully that's it for you.

One of my dogs killed a brown snake a couple of months ago. She's killed blacks and tree snakes before. Both dogs are into toads in a big way.

I too think NZ sounds good....