Puppy Pens

janeses

I am wanting to put a puppy pen around whelping box etc but only want a puppy pen tthat is knee height so i can step over it easily. The ones at warehouse and crazy clark arent sturdy enough. Can anyone suggest where to get a puppy pen at knee height that is better quality then crazy clark etc...

I am wanting to put a puppy pen around whelping box etc but only want a puppy pen tthat is knee height so i can step over it easily. The ones at warehouse and crazy clark arent sturdy enough. Can anyone suggest where to get a puppy pen at knee height that is better quality then crazy clark etc...

I have Chi's and bought mine from Petbarn a couple of years ago. It has seen plenty of shows and puppies. The only drawback is that the clips that hold each panel together bend very easily - so I just replaced them with cable ties and it is as solid as a rock.

We buy the silver TFN pens from Petstock (110.00). We use them all the time when we have a litter from separating the kitchen from the lounge at night to the puppies playpen through the day in the lounge or outside. We couldn't live without them. We have Pugs so only buy the 45cm high x 8 panels. They are the best height so our kids and guests don't trip over them. They are also pre-joined so fold up quickly. I can attach a photo if you need to see it.

Contact NFS Pet Supplies, they advertise on DOL. I have one that I use for pups and is 24" high, sturdy yet lightweight and I believe they also do a lower height as well.

I went to Bunnings this morning and got 2 of their 'compost cages' and now have a lovely puppy area all set up for my Tenty girl who is due next week. Only cost me $50 :laugh: Thanks SWAY you come up with some great cost saving ideas ! Now to find that car boot liner......

I went to Bunnings this morning and got 2 of their 'compost cages' and now have a lovely puppy area all set up for my Tenty girl who is due next week. Only cost me $50 :D Thanks SWAY you come up with some great cost saving ideas ! Now to find that car boot liner......

Thanks everyone,

Don't get me wrong... I also have a couple of the bunning compost ones which i have used to divide patio area and they work great but wanted something much lower that i can easily step over to get to mum and puppies instead of leaning over. Someone told me to try crazy clarks but they weren't very good quality. I went into reject shop and they ahd silver ones that have stakes to keep them together and are very sturdy. They were 8 panels for $40.

Thanks everyone.

I went to Bunnings this morning and got 2 of their 'compost cages' and now have a lovely puppy area all set up for my Tenty girl who is due next week. Only cost me $50 :) Thanks SWAY you come up with some great cost saving ideas ! Now to find that car boot liner......

Thanks everyone,

Don't get me wrong... I also have a couple of the bunning compost ones which i have used to divide patio area and they work great but wanted something much lower that i can easily step over to get to mum and puppies instead of leaning over. Someone told me to try crazy clarks but they weren't very good quality. I went into reject shop and they ahd silver ones that have stakes to keep them together and are very sturdy. They were 8 panels for $40.

Thanks everyone.

Ummm they aren't tall at all (unless you use them length ways to the vertical)?! :shrug: longest edge on the horizontal is pretty short for the Bunnings style.

Edited by Aziah

Ummm they aren't tall at all (unless you use them length ways to the vertical)?! :shrug: longest edge on the horizontal is pretty short for the Bunnings style.

Each panel measures 70 x 90cm, im 5'4 and that is only knee height! (70cm)

Ummm they aren't tall at all (unless you use them length ways to the vertical)?! :rainbowbridge: longest edge on the horizontal is pretty short for the Bunnings style.

Each panel measures 70 x 90cm, im 5'4 and that is only knee height! (70cm)

The Bunnings ones are low but i wanted something much smaller for mum and pups until pups are like 3 weeks as be easier to step over etc.. The height of the ones i got from Reject shop are 45cm in heeight so quite low but do me because i have toys so no big issue. After 3 weeks of age i will use my Bunnings one but for now this one i great.

If it's any help, I usually go to Ebay to buy my puppy runs and I found some very solid, foldable puppy runs that are only 46cm high (18 inches). I bought them for the same reason you are wanting them and they are perfect. I find my babies are safe in them til they're about 12 weeks old (toy dogs). They're so easy to step over and you don't catch your toe on them as you do so with a million things in your hands, spill puppy food etc.

They would have most likely come from Crazy Sales, or Deals Direct.

Hope this helps.