Humanising Dogs

all creatures

If I'm guilty of anything, it's caninising my humans. If I really want my daughter to do something, I'll use non-verbal cues, there's nothing to debate with those.

yes i have a look that makes all children behave. my daughter is grown now and will gleefully tell tales of what that look does even to strange children who are behaving badly in public....and i never utter a word

it is a gift :(:rofl:

;) I too have always done 'the look'.. and it worked very well. Now they are much taller than me and adults.. I get " :eek: MUm! are you doing the look??' together with laughter :D ..

I would get in trouble working in a school when a child did or was about to do something NAUGHTY and I'd be on auto and go ARGHH! (like I do with the dogs to stop them in their tracks.. :o )

I dont see anything wrong with it? :( but apparantly..... you are meant to quietly ASK the dear little child to leave the rock there and please don't throw it at Johnny again because... :D ....

:D

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm guilty of anything, it's caninising my humans. If I really want my daughter to do something, I'll use non-verbal cues, there's nothing to debate with those.

yes i have a look that makes all children behave. my daughter is grown now and will gleefully tell tales of what that look does even to strange children who are behaving badly in public....and i never utter a word

it is a gift :rofl: ;)

:eek: I too have always done 'the look'.. and it worked very well. Now they are much taller than me and adults.. I get " :D MUm! are you doing the look??' together with laughter :D ..

I would get in trouble working in a school when a child did or was about to do something NAUGHTY and I'd be on auto and go ARGHH! (like I do with the dogs to stop them in their tracks.. :o )

I dont see anything wrong with it? ;) but apparantly..... you are meant to quietly ASK the dear little child to leave the rock there and please don't throw it at Johnny again because... :) ....

:(

:D :(:o me too monah :D

a good oi or aargh!!! goes a long way. my daughter says to me now "are you giving me the look?"

i have friends with twins and they always want me to look after them cause they go home in a good mood and really well behaved....and the kids always want to visit me....

kids feel so much safer when they know the boundaries. i feel sorry for kids that don't have them how on earth do they know what to rebel against :(

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy

it is a gift ;) ;)

;) I too have always done 'the look'.. and it worked very well. Now they are much taller than me and adults.. I get " :cheer: MUm! are you doing the look??' together with laughter :cheer: ..

I would get in trouble working in a school when a child did or was about to do something NAUGHTY and I'd be on auto and go ARGHH! (like I do with the dogs to stop them in their tracks.. :) )

I dont see anything wrong with it? ;) but apparantly..... you are meant to quietly ASK the dear little child to leave the rock there and please don't throw it at Johnny again because... :) ....

:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: me too monah :o

a good oi or aargh!!! goes a long way. my daughter says to me now "are you giving me the look?"

i have friends with twins and they always want me to look after them cause they go home in a good mood and really well behaved....and the kids always want to visit me....

kids feel so much safer when they know the boundaries. i feel sorry for kids that don't have them how on earth do they know what to rebel against :)

This is so true of both kids and dogs. BOTH are looking to the Pack Leader for cues and directives. Without this they are confused and frightened.

Well, I think it depends on the dog (and maybe the kid??). One of my dogs is more dependent than the other. He gets lots of structure and rules and he flourishes under it, but my other dog just does not need that structure in his life. He does whatever has been particularly rewarding or habitual in the past. He only needs my guidance when he's unsure of himself, and that is hardly ever. I just don't factor largely into his behaviour except as a shaping force. I wish my other dog was as self-contained as he is!

it is a gift ;) ;)

;) I too have always done 'the look'.. and it worked very well. Now they are much taller than me and adults.. I get " :cheer: MUm! are you doing the look??' together with laughter :cheer: ..

I would get in trouble working in a school when a child did or was about to do something NAUGHTY and I'd be on auto and go ARGHH! (like I do with the dogs to stop them in their tracks.. :) )

I dont see anything wrong with it? ;) but apparantly..... you are meant to quietly ASK the dear little child to leave the rock there and please don't throw it at Johnny again because... ;) ....

:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: me too monah :o

kids feel so much safer when they know the boundaries. i feel sorry for kids that don't have them how on earth do they know what to rebel against :)

This is so true of both kids and dogs. BOTH are looking to the Pack Leader for cues and directives. Without this they are confused and frightened.

i totally agree. both my dogs and my kids know the boundaries :)