Ivermectin Dosage For Treatment Of Sarcoptic Mange

Hi,

A friend of mine has a dog with sarcoptic mange. I've offered her some of our oral ivomec to treat her dog but don't know what dosage rate is used for mange. We use it for heartworm & parasite control and I gather that's quite different.

Can anyone help me please? FYI the ivomec strength is 0.8g/L. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

w2s

Ivemectin will always be off label use for dogs. NEVER use it on someone elses dogs, if you want to risk your own thats your business but tell them to go to a vet. It is true, some other flea products used with it can cause harmful side effects to the dog.

Edited by Nekhbet

Thank you all for your input. My friend has obtained the dosage rate from her vet who happily gave it to her over the phone.

I might add that we were both well aware of the possible risks involved when I offered her the Ivermectin and she was quite prepared to take responsibility for her own dog's health and well being.

At no stage did I attempt to force her to use the Ivermectin, nor did I suggest she shouldn't obtain advice from her vet on how to use it or its safety. However, she was experiencing some delays in getting that advice so I thought it was worth trying to get it online in a more timely manner.

I was actually trying to help a friend out.

Edited for grammar

Edited by woody2shoes