Dog Trailers

Puggz

We have just bought our first dog trailer :eek: and we have decided to do it up a little bit but we are a bit stuck on a colour. I know most are white but i want to spray ours black... Its this a bad idea?

What are other peoples thoughts on this?

Im just worried about black being very hot for the dogs :laugh:

Oh and what else do you love or hate about your trailer.... Just so we can get some ideas of what and what not to do!!

Thanks in Advance

Spraying it black will make it at least 10 degrees warmer inside.

They are white for a reason - heat reflection.

I suggest you keep the white colouring (particularly on the roof) and add some customising touches such as stripes, pawprints or pictures. :eek:

Guest CaptainCourageous

There is only one suitable colour: WHITE

Why? It maximises reflectance and minimises the heat uptake within the trailer.

CC

ps I write the above as an engineer, I don't have and don't want a trailer.

there is one here in wa and it was made black it looks rather cool and she has long haired dogs and they don't appear to suffer at all

Yes i get why trailers are white! :D

I have seen quite a few black ones though... Maybe they have aircon to keep them cool :thumbsup:

Purple hmmm.... It would look great not sure hubby would agree!!! :D

So i guess white it is!! :D

I would go white or cream or Ivy and put some breed stickers on it.

Friustrates me to drive past a trailer and you can't guess what breed is in it.

Or put a mobile number & kennel prefix as its one way to advertise your kennel/breed.

You wont be able to see a black trailer in the dark or on stormy days on dark roads, for safety a white color would be best.

BB

there is one here in wa and it was made black it looks rather cool and she has long haired dogs and they don't appear to suffer at all

I think you will find her dogs don't travel in it either but in the van .

That trailer use to be white .

I agree just keep it white & pin stripes of get fancy sigh writing /dog painted on

I would go white or cream or Ivy and put some breed stickers on it.

Friustrates me to drive past a trailer and you can't guess what breed is in it.

Or put a mobile number & kennel prefix as its one way to advertise your kennel/breed.

You wont be able to see a black trailer in the dark or on stormy days on dark roads, for safety a white color would be best.

BB

:)

Yes i get why trailers are white! ;)

I have seen quite a few black ones though... Maybe they have aircon to keep them cool :o

Purple hmmm.... It would look great not sure hubby would agree!!! :(

So i guess white it is!! :rofl:

You could always do the bottom half black or just black decals...

I was thinking of having mine sprayed too and was thinking a light silver would be nice. Not too hot a colour and would complement my car.

silver is incredibly hard to see on a road on an overcast day. RAA says higher incident of accidents with cars this colour on an overcast day.

I was thinking of having mine sprayed too and was thinking a light silver would be nice. Not too hot a colour and would complement my car.

silver is incredibly hard to see on a road on an overcast day. RAA says higher incident of accidents with cars this colour on an overcast day.

I have a silver car and I always travel with my lights on......