Hair Loss - Not Sure What's Wrong With My Weim's Paw

Lambo

Hi folks, my Weim puppy seems to have a bald patch on the inside of this two front paws. Photos of his left paw are attached.

Does anyone know what might be causing this, and what we can do to help the hair grow back?

He's had the bald patches for some time and the vet wasn't much help when I queried it a few weeks ago. I haven't observed him nibbling at his paws so I don't think the bald patches have been caused by him biting his hair out. I thought it might've been caused by him trying to hold onto a pigs ear (?) bone we gave him when we first got him, but he hasn't been allowed to chew on that for nearly three weeks now and I haven't seen any improvement.

On a slightly different note, I've noticed that our boy's eyeballs are usually red/pinkish as is the rim around his eyes. I've noticed this on most Weims I've seen but have always forgotten to clarify whether this is just a trait with the breed or something I should be worried about. Does anyone have any ideas on this too?

TIA

post-34930-1297062121_thumb.jpg

post-34930-1297062139_thumb.jpg

I can't say that I've seen a dew claw removal scar before so I can't rule that out, but I don't think that's it because I'm 99% certain he didn't have it when he first arrived home as a pup. Also, the bald spot on his right paw is much smaller.

I'm not sure if its relevant, but the bald spot pictured did bleed slightly the weekend before last, like maybe he scratched it on something. Otherwise, it doesn't seem to irritate him although the skin does appear a little rought to the touch.

Is it the photogrpah or is there redness?? Perhaps there is something causing an allergic reaction that the dog is coming into contact with.

How old is he?

Is it on all 4 paws?

Anne, it's just the flash from the camera. The area is question just looks like pink skin. It isn't red or inflamed at all. The bald spots are only on the inside of both front paws, nothing on the back two. The little fella is 15 weeks.