Scooping Poop

~Storm~

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought so too to begin with, but not been a problem so far, although being RMB fed my dogs have well formed firmish poops ;) . Would be easy enough to give a spray with the hose though as the end is plastic. Hehe, I'm not so young and have a bad back so the less bending the better. ;)

Haha good to know :)

Lol I am such a clean freak that I even dig up the ground when using the shovel so as to not get any waste on the shovel :o

We use this one. I like it because you can put bags inside it, so you don't have to wash it every time you use it. http://www.funkyproducts.com.au/pooper-scooper.htm

Thanks for the suggestion Baby Dragon! Do you use it for yard duty or on walks? Is it bothersome to carry around?

Whats wrong with just using a regular pooper scooper, like the ones they have placed around at dog shows?

Like this? http://www.wormsandgermsblog.com/uploads/i...r%20Scooper.jpg

For yard duties they are perfect, but I as I said, I need to use it during walks. No way am I going to drag a device that huge for an hour or so hehe.

I am looking for a smaller device or a device suitable to be carried around.

Oh, i didnt realise you wanted it for walks.

I usually use a lead, that has a plastic roll that holds like 50 poo bags. You just rip one out like a tissue, and its good to go. Works great!

Am I the only one that like using a bit of plastic & hand :) ? Bending means more flexibility for your joins. A lot of people grow old & creaky because they don't use their joins enough. Now if only there's a contraption to hang my poop bags during walks ;) (my council, in it's infinite wisdom, only have 1 bin on the furthest end of the park).

I think the point is they don't want to get too close to the poop so don't want to use a bag.. they want alternatives.

Oh. Well in that case. What i would suggest is a trip to the pet store, to purchase some poo bags. Then a trip to the hardware store, for a can of HTFU.

That should fix the problem. :cry:

I don't mind just using a bag to pick up the poo, but it would be nice to have something to then put it in so I don't have to walk for ages swinging along a bag of poo.

I use a small pack the dog wears... (obviously after picking said poo in a plastic bag)

then he can carry his own s#!7

I don't mind just using a bag to pick up the poo, but it would be nice to have something to then put it in so I don't have to walk for ages swinging along a bag of poo.

I use a small pack the dog wears... (obviously after picking said poo in a plastic bag)

:laugh:

:laugh:

I think the point is they don't want to get too close to the poop so don't want to use a bag.. they want alternatives.

Exactly :rofl:

Oh. Well in that case. What i would suggest is a trip to the pet store, to purchase some poo bags. Then a trip to the hardware store, for a can of HTFU.

That should fix the problem. :D

It's not a case of hardening the f**k up, it is about hygiene. Dog waste bags (like most soft plastics) still seep through odour and thus harmful bacteria. If there was a tap and a bin right next to where my dog s**t then using a bag wouldn't be a problem.

Now are there any good doggy bags in which it's materials allow for a resilient barrier? (i.e does not allow odour to seep through)

------

Regarding these contraptions, it seems that most are fairly uniform in design and use. So it is just a matter of trying one to see if it works.

Edited by ~Storm~