Canberra Royal Weekend. Who's Coming?

Alyosha

Sleeping in is NEVER overrated :)

I do tend to agree with you. :D I always aim for the eary drop off - that way I should get there at some stage before my breed gets judged!! :D

I do tend to run late to shows... have done some spectacular runs from the car/trailer straight into the ring... :laugh: Lucky my breed can get away with little to no prep sometimes!!

Sheridan - 22 Staffords, ring 1 on Sunday, not before 10.30am

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o STILL no numbers!!! :)

hope they get here bloody soon...................

I think I am the only person in the world who didn't get Canberra Royal numbers last week! ;)

no you're not ..LOL ....

I got mine today.

Mine arrived today too (it wasn't a conspiracy after all :()

14 Havanese entered

Does anyone know which classes in breed and group are being judged. The schedule doesn't say, so I am assuming it is like a 'normal' show where 3,4,5,10 and 11 will be judged in breed, group and show? Plus BOB and RUBOB, and BIG and RUBIG (rather than group 1,2,3 & 4)

The instructions say that (for toys, terriers and hounds) " ... Breed and Class in Breed winners from the previous days judging are required to attend [on Sun 27]". So I assume POB, JOB, IOB, ABOB, OOB, BOB and RUBOB all have to come back?? (this will be the whole entry for some breeds LOL).

I thought last year they only judged puppy in group, BIG and RUBIG.

Gail

:D :laugh:: Numbers arrived today!!!! YAY!!!!! :rofl::)

:o STILL no numbers!!! :)

hope they get here bloody soon...................

I think I am the only person in the world who didn't get Canberra Royal numbers last week! ;)

no you're not ..LOL ....

I got mine today.

Mine arrived today too (it wasn't a conspiracy after all :()

14 Havanese entered

Does anyone know which classes in breed and group are being judged. The schedule doesn't say, so I am assuming it is like a 'normal' show where 3,4,5,10 and 11 will be judged in breed, group and show? Plus BOB and RUBOB, and BIG and RUBIG (rather than group 1,2,3 & 4)

The instructions say that (for toys, terriers and hounds) " ... Breed and Class in Breed winners from the previous days judging are required to attend [on Sun 27]". So I assume POB, JOB, IOB, ABOB, OOB, BOB and RUBOB all have to come back?? (this will be the whole entry for some breeds LOL).

I thought last year they only judged puppy in group, BIG and RUBIG.

Gail

:D :laugh:: Numbers arrived today!!!! YAY!!!!! :rofl::)

I am not keen on Robertson Ag, not because of the dog section which has always been fine and well run, but because of those horrible, loud, deeply unfunny announcers the Ag Show has wittering on incessantly. They were so damn loud one year I couldn't hear myself think, IIRC it was the year after the Equine Flu outbreak when the dogs were in the horse arena.

We would only go if we thought the judge was awesome, and we'd bring earplugs.

:shhh: One of the sideshow rides at Crookwell last weekend had the most obnoxious siren that went off for far too long each time it started up. I felt for anyone with sensitive dogs - it was awful. And set up on the closest edge of the sideshow to the dog section - but even closer to the horse ring - some of them must have hated it!!.

Hound Club of the ACT numbers were posted yesterday. Breed breakdown is as follows:

Mrs Way

Afghan Hound 18

Basset Hound 6

Beagle 10

Bloodhound 2

Borzoi 10

Irish Wolfhound 6

Rhodesian Ridgeback 18

Saluki 12

Dr Jakkel

Basenji 8

BFDB 2

Dachshund Long 3

Dachshund Std Smth 4

Dachshund Mini Smth 2

Deerhound 2

Finnish Spitz 1

Norwegian Elkhound 24

Pharaoh Hound 5

PBGV 2

Whippet 36

Total for Show 171

:( One of the sideshow rides at Crookwell last weekend had the most obnoxious siren that went off for far too long each time it started up. I felt for anyone with sensitive dogs - it was awful. And set up on the closest edge of the sideshow to the dog section - but even closer to the horse ring - some of them must have hated it!!.

Damn, we should have been there - Arwen loves a side show nearby, really sparks her up!