Rip Little Gypsy

Labsmum

I'm very sad on hearing my mother's little Sydney Silky Terrior "Gypsy" had to be put down on Friday at 16 years of age due to a rapid decline in her health.

I'm sad for my mother too having lost her human partner only a year ago. In the old peoples village where she now lives they are only allowed to move in with one dog, if they have one, and if the dog passes away they are not allowed to get another one. My poor mother recently had an eye operation which was also not successful. It is hard to know what one can do to bring some cheer into her life.

Please send some blessings for little Gypsy and our mum.

Katey,

I am so sorry.

RIP Gypsy :laugh:

In relation to cheering up your mum or giving her companionship, are they allowed Birds? We got Jason's Gran a cockateil & she loves it! It has its wings clipped & is hand reared, she has had it about 6yrs now. I never thought a bird could be a companion, but this one sits on her shoulders, whispers in her ears & sings to her!

Jacqui

I am so sad for you all katey

sympathy to your poor Mum, her heart must be breaking.

Run free little gypsy :laugh:

I think the rules of the place need a change, do they allow therapy dogs in?

This is so terribly sad.

I'm very sad on hearing my mother's little Sydney Silky Terrior "Gypsy" had to be put down on Friday at 16 years of age due to a rapid decline in her health.

I'm sad for my mother too having lost her human partner only a year ago. In the old peoples village where she now lives they are only allowed to move in with one dog, if they have one, and if the dog passes away they are not allowed to get another one. My poor mother recently had an eye operation which was also not successful. It is hard to know what one can do to bring some cheer into her life.

Please send some blessings for little Gypsy and our mum.

whoohoo!!

Your mum is not allowed another dog?!? Sheesh!!

What sort of nasty little fascists run her retirement village?

What do we all have to look forward to when we retire? Not a lot it seems :laugh: .

I think that elderly people in retirement villages should be encouraged and enabled to adopt elderly rescue dogs. That would be a win/win situation :).

I feel for your mum, and Gypsy too.

Peter D

So sorry to hear about poor gypsy, what a great loss for all concerned, a bird or even a cat would be great for her. This kind of sucks doesnt it your freedom of choice taken away, a world without a dog to awful to imagine isnt it? Try talking them around in obtaining her another small dog it couldnt hurt could it. R.I.P GYPSY