Surgical Ai Problems

hilaryo

I'll post for hilaryo and she can fill you in on the details.

Macey was finally seen last night by the vet and she said she had seen reactions like this before, but they are very rare. She couldn't see anything wrong in all her tests and she's healthy. No high temp, no infections.

Would you believe Hilary woke up this morning and the swelling has decreased dramatically. So Macey is fine although still in a bit of pain, Hilary is extremely busy at work trying to catch up from having three days off.

Fingers crossed for puppies.

Edited by ~Erin~

I'll post for hilaryo and she can fill you in on the details.

Macey was finally seen last night by the vet and she said she had seen reactions like this before, but they are very rare. She couldn't see anything wrong in all her tests and she's healthy. No high temp, no infections.

Would you believe Hilary woke up this morning and the swelling has decreased dramatically. So Macey is fine although still in a bit of pain, Hilary is extremely busy at work trying to catch up from having three days off.

Fingers crossed for puppies.

Thanks for the update Erin.

Sorry, first chance I have had to get back on and tell you Macey is on the improve.

In the early hours of Wednesday morning I was awoken by a strange noise. I turned on the light and there was Macey sitting in the crate with her head hung low making this groaning noise. She didn't even look up at me - just kept giving this moan sound every few seconds. To be honest it totally horrified me as I have never heard anything like it. Yes – human emotion came to mind – despair seemed appropriate. All I could think to do was put my arms around her in the crate and she stopped after a couple of minutes. Although I knew her general health was unchanged it is still frightening to see your animal in so much pain and feel helpless. The past 5 days have felt like weeks.

So it was off to Manly Road Vet Hospital where nothing new was found – a good thing and hopefully everything would settle down in a few more days. They have decided that she is unfortunately had a had a severe reaction to the surgery and it is nothing more sinister. I can’t understand it as she had a surgical AI a few years ago and has had 2 c-sections since then with no problems.

Funny enough, she has actually turned the corner overnight and a lot of swelling has gone apart from one of her back glands which is huge and now clearly visible whereas before you could only feel it. She will be crated for a few more days yet.

I can't tell you how relieved I am. I think we will be lucky if she goes on to have puppies but you never know.

Thanks for thoughts :cheer: