Seven Yr Old Savaged By Dog At His School Gates

RottnBullies

''There will be no carbon tax under a goverment I lead''

The cheques in the mail

The brickies will be there monday.

It was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier

The owner was present Dougie. Your constant assertion that such a dog could NOT be an SBT is the kind of head in the sand ignorance that has seen some pretty unlikely breeds climb into the bite statistics AND that plays right into the hands of the BSL proponents.

ANY dog, given the right genetics, envrionment and trigger can represent a threat to people. Acknowledge that and we'll all be a lot safer.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He went to pet the animal, which suddenly pinned him to the ground and attacked.

Jude, who celebrated his seventh birthday just 10 days ago, had been walking out of school when the dog - which was on a lead but not muzzled - ran to him.

Im confused?? Did he go to the animal or did the animal go to him?

I hope he recovers fully the poor thing. But I still fail to see why the dog was outside a school in the first place - wouldn't it have shown tendencies towards not liking children? And then wouldn't the owners get the point of not having it outside the school?

I don't know - I think I read the report wrong.

But then this raises the issue again of 'you shouldn't go up and pat strange dogs unless you get the owners permission or unless you know the dog personally' - this was a big thing in another forum topic... where the mother pulled over and her two kids got out and one of them was attacked by two huskies or malamutes or something that were on the side of a road in Galston.

sad story. no one wins.

I hope he recovers fully the poor thing. But I still fail to see why the dog was outside a school in the first place - wouldn't it have shown tendencies towards not liking children? And then wouldn't the owners get the point of not having it outside the school?

According to the report, the owners said they had only had the dog a day. So presumably they didn't know, and whoever they got the dog off either hadn't had it long enough/test it well enough to know either, or just didn't disclose it.

sad story. no one wins.

Ain't that the truth.

He went to pet the animal, which suddenly pinned him to the ground and attacked.

Jude, who celebrated his seventh birthday just 10 days ago, had been walking out of school when the dog - which was on a lead but not muzzled - ran to him.

Im confused?? Did he go to the animal or did the animal go to him?

I don't know - I think I read the report wrong.

But then this raises the issue again of 'you shouldn't go up and pat strange dogs unless you get the owners permission or unless you know the dog personally' - this was a big thing in another forum topic... where the mother pulled over and her two kids got out and one of them was attacked by two huskies or malamutes or something that were on the side of a road in Galston.

sad story. no one wins.

Maybe the owners gace permission? Most people don't have a clue about dog body language. Maybe the boy walked towards the dog to pat it and then it ran to him.

Regardless, dogs that attack children shouldn't be out in public without proper restraints, including a muzzle.

What if.......the dog owner was not told that there was any issues with the dog?

What if.......the people who sold them the dog did no temperament testing?

What if.......the people who sold the dog only got it the day before it was on-sold?

What if.......

I really want to know what the full story is and where the family got the dog from...until then I am making no judgements except to say this is an awful situation for all and I am so sorry a child was injured.

What if..............they were bogans

What if............. it had always been their dog?

What if..............it was a restricted breed & they were trying save their sorry asses?

Plenty of ''what ifs'' that fit án often played out scenario.

We cant blame all dog attacks on bogans and restricted breeds. Dogs are dogs and by nature and prior treatment they can and do attack occasionnly, disasters happen, the poor victim doesnt care about what ifs.....

Wiseguy you have made it blatently clear your hatred of Pit Bulls and their ilk, maybe time to get off that particular bandwagon as there are many people who do like pit Bulls and find your relentless attacks on them insulting :D

Thank you. I agree.

It's a little egotistical to believe someone posted this thread just to get at you. And downright low to go and bring Pitbull's into it to try to save your breed.

I don't need to save my breed, I (we) need to protect it before it needs saving. Prevention is better than cure.

I haven't said this dog was a pitbull.

I don't hate pitbulls. Although some of their owners are a bit sus.

I don't hate any dogs, dogs are my passion.

If have you have been reading the BSL thread you would be naive to think this thread wasn't raised specifically to bring some discredit to the SBT. If that sounds pathetic it is because it is pathetic. Pathetic but true.

The OP hates pure breeds.

Especially registered pure breeds.

Specifically Staffordshire Bull Terriers.

Registered recognised pure breed envy.

Sad but true.

You really are a piece of work

Where In the hell do you get off on accusing me of being a pure breed hater??? I think most on here know I'm not, especially when It comes all bull breeds, but really Insinuations and defamation is that your best shot

It doesn't surprise me now the lengths you would stoop too to save your own ass, not to mention your continuous changing your handle to get back on here............so what does that say about you!

FYI I have owned pure breed dogs, yes registered ANKC dogs .....Dobermans If you must know

Just because my current lot are all rescues not to mention an SBT as well, doesn't make me a hater of pure breeds

Get off your high dictatorship almighty horse there and stop slandering people you wouldn't know from a bar of soap!

Sadly some dog owners are just fools.

I have heard anecdotally via rescue of people who brought a dog back after 2 days because, despite being told not to, they took it to the dog park and "it wouldn't come back when it was called". That is a mild incident but who the f would take a dog they had had a couple of days and let if off in an unleashed dog park.

A friend of mine is rehabilitating a DA dog who is always street walked on leash. She saw a woman walking a husky on the other side of the street (not in an offleash park) and as the woman seemed friendly used the opportunity to talk to the woman at a distance whilst maintaining calm in her own dog as a sort of training exercise.

In conversation she of course mentioned her dog was DA and the woman said her husky was a "bit DA and HA". She then went on to say "it's lucky you came along now as I was about to let him off!" WTF, in a suburban street where there could have been children playing she was planning to let off her HA dog. :D

No sensible person would take an unknown dog to school where there are lots of excited kids milling around with little or no idea of dog etiquette. But there are a lot of dog owners out there who are not sensible...

Edited by Quickasyoucan

The story is inconsistent, first it says the boy went to pat the dog, and then it says the dog ran at him. So which is it, did the boy go over to a dog he didn't know so the dog felt threatened, or did the dog run up to the boy unprovoked?

I never trust news stories where a dog has attacked a child, more often than not the child has done something to provoke the dog.

The cheques in the mail

The owner was present Dougie. Your constant assertion that such a dog could NOT be an SBT is the kind of head in the sand ignorance that has seen some pretty unlikely breeds climb into the bite statistics AND that plays right into the hands of the BSL proponents.

ANY dog, given the right genetics, envrionment and trigger can represent a threat to people. Acknowledge that and we'll all be a lot safer.

Amen

The story is inconsistent, first it says the boy went to pat the dog, and then it says the dog ran at him. So which is it, did the boy go over to a dog he didn't know so the dog felt threatened, or did the dog run up to the boy unprovoked?

I never trust news stories where a dog has attacked a child, more often than not the child has done something to provoke the dog.

No dog should savage a child even if provked (unless the child actually physically harms the dog).

Regardless, dogs that attack children shouldn't be out in public without proper restraints, including a muzzle.

I would think it quite likely this dog has never attacked a child before so there's a bit of dramatics in this, but I find it quite difficult to believe the dog had never displayed any indication that it might

Dogs which attack children OR adults shouldn't be drawing breath - forget about muzzling them in public :hug:

Edited by Sandra777

Who cares. Seriosuly - the kid ended up in hospital. That is just not on. The other kid ended up dead. And before you ask - I had a dog who went for a child in an unprovoked attack. I loved that dog but I had him put down immediately. If I had a gun at the time, I would have shot him.

Who cares. Seriosuly - the kid ended up in hospital. That is just not on. The other kid ended up dead. And before you ask - I had a dog who went for a child in an unprovoked attack. I loved that dog but I had him put down immediately. If I had a gun at the time, I would have shot him.

Totally agree. The dog wouldn't have drawn another breath and there is nothing a child could do could do that warrants the dog attacking them, simply nothing.

Did I ruffle your feathers wiseguy???

How very noble of you to drag the Pit Bull In this when It has nothing to do with It what so ever :hug:

Yes unfortunately the nanny dog Is also capable of doing harm, but off course you find a way to try and turn the tables. And you say the Pit Bull folks are their worst enemies?

Maybe you need to look In your own backyard and stop blaming the Pitty for your woes

Link

Sorry I'm having problems with copy and pasting article here, If someone else can, much appreciated

Terrible.

But it could have been worse

Why did you post the article at all if not for my benefit?

Another unsubstantiated identification of a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, a dog a grown man could barely pull away using all his strength.

Give me a break.

Either the man is a finalist in the Mr Punyverse contest or the dog was something other than a SBT.

Sometimes one has to dismount his high horse & get into the gutter when the call comes.

This was such an occasion.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Only 2 weeks ago I pulled a SBT off another dog and I'm only a woman :laugh: . This dog was savagely attacking another dog (bull breed x) and had all but torn it's throat out. Owners kept saying that he was obedient and friendly, sure looked that way.

While it's not always easy, there are ways to stop dogs fighting and attacking and I have no doubt this woman was full of adrenalin and that contributed to her being able to get this dog off this little boy. She may also be very dog savvy and just knew what to do in that situation, who knows? Glad both people stepped in to help and hope the little boy recovers well.

Only 2 weeks ago I pulled a SBT off another dog and I'm only a woman :hug: . This dog was savagely attacking another dog (bull breed x) and had all but torn it's throat out. Owners kept saying that he was obedient and friendly, sure looked that way.

While it's not always easy, there are ways to stop dogs fighting and attacking and I have no doubt this woman was full of adrenalin and that contributed to her being able to get this dog off this little boy. She may also be very dog savvy and just knew what to do in that situation, who knows? Glad both people stepped in to help and hope the little boy recovers well.

Are you sure it was a SBT as you may upset Wiseguy.

Edited by geo

Only 2 weeks ago I pulled a SBT off another dog and I'm only a woman :laugh: . This dog was savagely attacking another dog (bull breed x) and had all but torn it's throat out. Owners kept saying that he was obedient and friendly, sure looked that way.

I've seen a few over the years so yeah, sure it was a SBT. The other dog looked SBT x but didn't want to say that as I couldn't be positive about which breeds were in the mix :hug::o

Only 2 weeks ago I pulled a SBT off another dog and I'm only a woman :thumbsup: . This dog was savagely attacking another dog (bull breed x) and had all but torn it's throat out. Owners kept saying that he was obedient and friendly, sure looked that way.

I've seen a few over the years so yeah, sure it was a SBT. The other dog looked SBT x but didn't want to say that as I couldn't be positive about which breeds were in the mix :thumbsup::o

Good on you for stopping the attack!

Just as an exercise I googled the newspaper web page as Rnb obviously does..

Searched dog attacks as RnB obviously does

The list of dogs named involved in recent ''incidents'' included:

Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Rottwiellers x2

Husky type

Bull mastiff

Alaskan Malamute

Akita

No pitbulls of course, they are a banned breed you see so there aren't any. :thumbsup:

Probably a coincidence rottnbullies just happen to chose the SBT out of that lot.

Out of curiousity I also googled Scotlands dog laws.

They are moving to a deed not breed scenario which will make owners liable for the actions of their dogs & open to prosecution.

They have stopped short of repealing the BSL however, so the SBT will still carry the can for every incident involving a dog with muscles.

Interesting quote from one of proponents of the enlightened legislation.

''The Bill does stop short of a complete repeal of BSL. BSL has not prevented dog attacks, nor has it eradicated the Pit Bull in the UK despite having devastating consequences for some breed-types.''

Aint it the truth.

The cheques in the mail

I do say ''pure breed SBT''

KC registered? Although even that isn't a given in the UK anymore.

However,

The owner took off . To avoid scrutiny perhaps?

Why was ''the owner'' at the school?

I would have thought to pick up her kid? That's logical? yes?

If that is the case, surely someone would know her?

So how did she just come to walk/run away without any repercussions.

On the contrary, it is not ''head in the sand' having the temerity to ask for some confirmation of breed, it sensible.

The reason breeds will be added to ''the list'' is because gullible people, like you, who aren't in the firing & like to act like they know everything, who take as gospel, anything they are told by people with an agenda of duplicity & concealment..

The bottom line is.

Show me the dog, if its a Stafford I will ID it as such, no problem. We don't wont those poor examples destroyng our breeds hard won reputation. Just as we don't want xbreeds & pitties doing it either

So, in the mean time, it isn't.

There is post above by a female stating she pulled a SBT out of dog fight without much effort, yet there is grown male in this story saying he could barely manage it.

SBT?

Show me the money.

BTW, to those obviously somewhat befuddled sniper type persons.

I have stated previously every SBT owner who knows what they are talking about will admit SBTs can be dog aggressive.

Those who would be surprised at this have no idea of the breed.

Begone, you are merely nuisances.

Show me the dog, if its a Stafford I will ID it as such, no problem. We don't wont those poor examples destroyng our breeds hard won reputation. Just as we don't want xbreeds & pitties doing it either

So, in the mean time, it isn't.

There is post above by a female stating she pulled a SBT out of dog fight without much effort, yet there is grown male in this story saying he could barely manage it.

SBT?

Show me the money.

Yes well she did say she pulled off the SBT that had ripped another dogs throat apart, she done a great job.

Now I'm guessing she owns dobermans by her name, 2 at least and can handle them herself so she is no stranger to a strong breed of dog.

Second of all she is from the NT, a tough kind of girl (but still feminine) and no doubt rides horses and is a strong woman.

So I'm not surprised at all she managed to do it.

If I'm wrong i'll stand corrected.

You're happy with dobesrocks ID of an SBT (so am I) but not anyone at the scene of the recent attack. Hmmmm could that be because it involved a person or because believing dobesrock suits your argument... Oh wait a minute.. It's both! :o

On the other hand, a big drama at a school, wild accusations and high stress everywhere, the media portraying another brutal dog attack.. Sure the dog was the devil and the hero could barely manage it and that is what makes a good story.

I'm guessing the hero involved may not have been as dog savy as Dobesrock and the sheer vision of a dog attack scared him into action and he came through, luckily for the little boy.

And here you are hanging onto every word that the paper prints only when it suits your argument. One minute he's mr punyverse, the next minute the dog must be too big, the next you're using other peoples experience to justify your own opinion.

My Staffy was bloody hard to get of another dog that attacked him on lead, and trust me i am not a whimp.

Show me the money pleeeeeeeeaaaase. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: