Milk Replacers

Baileys mum

I was just wondering what everyone prefers to use?

I had Biolac here last time, but we where lucky our bitch had lots of milk, & all pups put on good weight everyday so we never had to use it to supplement any of the pups...but we did use it when we initially started weaning the pups & the pups didn't seem too keen on it at all.

So I was thinking of getting something different in for next time, so was just interested what everyone else uses.

Thanks everyone :banghead:

Nicole

Wombaroo hands down. My last litter were failing badly, mum had toxic milk, and biolac was doing nothing - they gained no weight for 10 days. I swapped to Wombaroo and am now a convert! Its brilliant!

I am very lucky I live in a rural area and can buy fresh for $2.50 a liter but before I found a source I was using the fresh one from supermarket and it was OK or you can buy goat milk powder from the health food store.

If you can find a fresh producer it freezes very well.

I have posted this link to Leerburg milk formula and bottle feeding before and highly recommend this way of feeding the bitch and pups.

I have used Wombaroo and a few other brands before - goats milk was far better but the best results I have had so far has been the Leerburg formula. Easily made, sometimes I used less yogurt than they do and still had great results.

1 can of evaporated milk to 1 can of cooled boiled water.

This can last up to 5 days in the fridge.

I have been using this for over 10 years and have always had fat healthy babies and is easy to make at 2am in the morning :hug:

Leanne

Wilderblu that photo of the puppy licking the lamb is one of the most adorable photos ive ever seen! Totally Ot but couldnt keep it in!

Thanks Bulldust! It is my favourite photo that I've ever taken. Just in the right place and the right time. It looks brilliant full screen!