Adaa Nationals

Just how often do you get the table in ADAA. Bindi drops nicely on the table during training, automatically, but won't offer it in a trial. In fact, once over the weekend, she didn't even stop on the table...too busy looking at the dog running on the next course :)

Just how often do you get the table in ADAA. Bindi drops nicely on the table during training, automatically, but won't offer it in a trial. In fact, once over the weekend, she didn't even stop on the table...too busy looking at the dog running on the next course :confused:

Very infrequently. I can't remember the last time one of my dogs did one in an ADAA trial.

I haven't yet had a table in ADAA. I initially trained an automatic drop on the table (which he executed perfectly in our first ANKC agility trial :confused: ) but now he gives me a stand on the table in trials (table doesn't come out often in training either). He is pretty good on the table and sticks on it well, hasn't yet had a fault on the table in an ANKC trial.

Would you recommend training the automatic drop on the table even though you don't get them often in ADAA trials?

YES, YES and YES.........

Table was the difference between 1st and 4th......

Okay yes it is :confused:

In ADAA they have to drop on the table, in ANKC they can whatever they like as long as they stay on the table.

Thanks Kavik! We've only done a little bit of table work but Daisy picked up the automatic drop pretty quickly. Will stick with the auto drop in that case!

To get your AAD Title with ADAA you need four passes with at least 2 being in Agility. Does a pass in Agility Open or Jumping Open count towards the title :( A pass in Jumplers is not counted, I guess as it is a game, am I correct. :(

To get your AAD Title with ADAA you need four passes with at least 2 being in Agility. Does a pass in Agility Open or Jumping Open count towards the title :( A pass in Jumplers is not counted, I guess as it is a game, am I correct. :(

You are right.

Passes from any level (except elementary) count towards your AAD title - must be Jumping or Agility as you have said. Games only count towards Games titles and you MAAD title. (yes, jumplers is a game).

Hope that helps.

I get confused with ADAA :( I have several passes from different levels but not enough of anything to make a title yet, bit frustrating.

LOL. I think the goal is to have a more rounded dog achieving titles - hence the mix of agility and jumpers in the titles.

I guess its what I 'grew up' with so I've never known any different. (At least not until I started doing ANKC trials.)

The upside is that there are different titles like Team Dog, Games Dog and Jumping Dog to complement the 'normal' ones.

:(

You are right.

Passes from any level (except elementary) count towards your AAD title - must be Jumping or Agility as you have said. Games only count towards Games titles and you MAAD title. (yes, jumplers is a game).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info....one of my passes is Comb-Starters, Agility, can that be used towards to AAD Title :(

You are right.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info....one of my passes is Comb-Starters, Agility, can that be used towards to AAD Title :(

Yep, starters is always the Combined Program (all dogs jumping the lower 'regular' height). All 4 of my cards for both dogs' AAD titles came from starters. :D

• 2 weeks later...

We've got our teams (2) organised from our club...the team we are in is called "Chicken Chasers" :laugh:...two midis & a toy, & am getting my entry in tomorrow to beat the early closing date (discount) end of March. Surely there are more DOL's out there going besides those who have put their hand up. If the ADAA Nationals are as much fun as last years Grand Prix then we are in for a pretty much fun time at the Equestrian Centre at Tamworth. If you are not going then "why not" ???????

I would love to know if any of the really good dogs from other states are coming :D

We've got our teams (2) organised from our club...the team we are in is called "Chicken Chasers" :laugh:...two midis & a toy, & am getting my entry in tomorrow to beat the early closing date (discount) end of March. Surely there are more DOL's out there going besides those who have put their hand up. If the ADAA Nationals are as much fun as last years Grand Prix then we are in for a pretty much fun time at the Equestrian Centre at Tamworth. If you are not going then "why not" ???????

I would love to know if any of the really good dogs from other states are coming :D

Im not going...mainly because I havnt got a dog worthy of going lol, and because its extra time that I have to take off work, and Im taking so much time off for uni atm, Im going to run out of annual leave if Im not careful lmao