Geckos - How To Get Rid Of

MolassesLass

Molasseslass if they're pink with pointy faces they're Asian ones. We are a much cooler climate and have the native Marbled ones, with rounder faces, and yep, colour changing.

I'd agree with the others - get the bugs sprayed and the geckos should depart.

Our ones love spiders Greytmate! I love sitting out watching ours, and they clean up the corners of the window frames beatifully! Even the lovely Orbs have departed our front verandah! But they're still in the garden and will pop back around when the geckos go into hibernation shortly.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have lots of geckos too but I want them here - they keep down the other insects. I never get cockroaches or spiders etc in the house at all. The geckos are mainly in my garage and once I did have the pest guy in but he said you are much better off with the geckos than the insects and he was right. My dogs don't seem to get bothered by them which is good, they have grown up with them and if they do come across one in the yard, they leave it alone. :)

Same here. We have no cockroaches or insects, cause the geckos take care of them. The cat does take out a fair few of them though but they are still around.

Yes clear/pinkish, basically albinos except they have dark eyes. Definitely no brown spots though, which is what corvus said made them AHGs.

They change colour, if they look like this then they are Asian House Geckos:

Hemidactylus-frenatus118©BNSullivan.jpg

Geckos are beautiful creatures.What a shame to be wanting to kill them:(( We have them and seeing them makes me feel better.Nature doing it's thing.

Some more suggestions that probably won't appeal:)

Crating the dogs at night, you could cover them as necessary until the gecko silly season is over.

Giving the dogs a good run/walk just before dusk.I do that and the dogs have their dinner some quiet time with us and then off to bed, they don't have the energy for chasing anything even if they were allowed.

Creating a gecko friendly area outside on the wall of the house with a light to attract the insects there where the dogs can't get to them.Most of ours stay outside but occasionally they stray in and the odd one has been squished accidently.

Best solution would to be to train the dogs not to chase them.If they chase geckos, would chasing a snake also appeal to them?

ooh send me some, i love geckos. The worst I have are skinks in the house & that's coz my cat bring them in and lets them free. They're more fun to chase around the house when they're alive :smurfanim:

Send you some?

Send you some?

You really meant to say is

"Dear Gecko breeder,

I have been a gecko lover and owner for many years now, and since my last gecko passed away of old age, I have really missed having a gecko around.

I saw your photos and was really impressed by the awesome quality of your fine geckos. I was talking to another gecko lover, and they too commented on how topnotch your geckos are both in conformation and temperament.

Could you please let me know if there will be any geckos available as pets from your next litter? I would be honored if you were to consider me suitable to own one. Please let me know if you have any questions for me, as Iunderstand you only want the best for your geckos.

Yours, The Fenster."

:smurfanim:

Geckos are beautiful creatures.What a shame to be wanting to kill them:(( We have them and seeing them makes me feel better.Nature doing it's thing.

Some more suggestions that probably won't appeal:)

Crating the dogs at night, you could cover them as necessary until the gecko silly season is over.

Giving the dogs a good run/walk just before dusk.I do that and the dogs have their dinner some quiet time with us and then off to bed, they don't have the energy for chasing anything even if they were allowed.

Creating a gecko friendly area outside on the wall of the house with a light to attract the insects there where the dogs can't get to them.Most of ours stay outside but occasionally they stray in and the odd one has been squished accidently.

Best solution would to be to train the dogs not to chase them.If they chase geckos, would chasing a snake also appeal to them?

ditto that- they're gorgeous little things.

Unfortunately the Asian ones are great at killing electrical appliances especially air conditioners and tv's. I thought that they were lovely when we saw a couple here and there but now there is a plague and I just want to get rid of them, they shit everywhere, it is disgusting

ooh send me some, i love geckos. The worst I have are skinks in the house & that's coz my cat bring them in and lets them free. They're more fun to chase around the house when they're alive :smurfanim:

Send you some?

Send you some?

"Dear Gecko breeder,

I have been a gecko lover and owner for many years now, and since my last gecko passed away of old age, I have really missed having a gecko around.

I saw your photos and was really impressed by the awesome quality of your fine geckos. I was talking to another gecko lover, and they too commented on how topnotch your geckos are both in conformation and temperament.

Could you please let me know if there will be any geckos available as pets from your next litter? I would be honored if you were to consider me suitable to own one. Please let me know if you have any questions for me, as Iunderstand you only want the best for your geckos.

Yours, The Fenster."

;)

Replace "litter" with "clutch" and you're about spot-on! :D

Please check that you are not trying to wipe out the native geckos http://www.ozanimals.com/wildlife/Reptile/Geckos.html (gecko lovers have a look) but I did find this http://www.pestrol.com.au/pestrol-gecko-fr...acc9d41e60e0b4c it supposedly repels.Don't know about toxicity or effectiveness , you would need to check.I hope this helps solve your problem and won't hurt the little critters.

Send you some?

Send you some?

"Dear Gecko breeder,

Yours, The Fenster."

LOL....

Ditto. (Send me some too please) :D