Litters Due May 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piper I am in the middle of doing what you have just done... getting whelping room ready... because we just moved, it's making things a little more difficult... but the extra extra long weekend has helped :eek: I am also not sure what I'll do about my outside puppy area yet... i'll be sorting that out next weekend.

Murmarstaffs I hope that everything is ok with your girl...

Piper I am in the middle of doing what you have just done... getting whelping room ready... because we just moved, it's making things a little more difficult... but the extra extra long weekend has helped :eek: I am also not sure what I'll do about my outside puppy area yet... i'll be sorting that out next weekend.

Murmarstaffs I hope that everything is ok with your girl...

I picked up the borrowed whelping box and heat lamp today. After much hassle, I managed to get it in. It is a JUST fit. So I squished it in, puffed and panted trying to push it past the mattress and got it in position. Then I looked at it and realied the pig rails are in the family room. They are scremed in from the outside, so it will need to be moved again to put them on!!

Yesterday I attacked the bouganvillea that were over running the rest of the area outside. What I had originally planned on doing and what I am now doing are 2 different things - the difference between a summer and winter litter. The other area has lots of lawn and some nice big trees for good shaded areas, however it was oging to be a battle to get an area protected from the weather. The carport area I am going to use doesn't have a lot of lawn but is mostly covered and I worked out what I am going to do for a wind and rain break yesterday so they will be able to be outside more and be dry and out of the wind. I just wish there was less hard surface and more grass from a house training point of view. I am wondering if it is worth getting a couple of trailer loads of mulch/bark or something else to go over part of the area?

Murmarstaff - how is you girl today? Fingers crossed everything is ok.

about time you joined us claire!

Sabi looks like she could have quite a few did you get her ultrasounded?

I have no idea with Ari now... it's just not worth me guessing...

Here is Ari's weekly belly shots - She is day 49 today (7 weeks)

Week7b.jpg

Week7a.jpg

Ok, here we go. I have included some earlier 1s for comparison. I too her for a visit to agility tonight and everyone there commented how wide she looks, she normally is very lean and has quite a big abdominal tuck for a BC and now there is none!

March 26:

5661080114_984b458781_z.jpg

April 24

5660511385_c2b5b0caf8_z.jpg

April 10

5661080234_f5bf25453c_z.jpg

April 24

5660511575_5ea769cce6_z.jpg

Edited by piper

Hi all,

You can now add a litter of Swedish Vallhunds to the list.

They should be due around mid May.

My girl Tess decided to allow Aussie to have a mating, and then show signs that she was in season. :dancingelephant:

So it wasn't the choice of partner that I would have liked :mad but due to the fact that I had given up any hope of puppies from her I am happy :dancingelephant:

I am a little worried that she doesn't swell very much when she is in season, so I am maddly stashing money away incase there is a need for a cesear.

This will be my second SV litter :rofl:

I am a little excited :p ;)

Cassie

Hi All,

We can add a litter of Leonberger pups to the list too. My girl had an ultrasound today, she's just a few days over 4 weeks but the results looked positive so looks like we'll expect pups around the last few days of May.

bye

Megan

Oh good some more may babies :thumbsup:.

Three weeks to go here and Jazz's shape changed so much during the week. She also seems to be slowing down and is constantly hungry. I am finding it a hard balancing act between giving her enough and not over feeding her. She is now on more than double her usual food in three meals a day and I can still easily feel ribs.

I have ordered the vet bed for the whelping box and bought some toys suitable for puppies. The friend that lent me the whelping box also lent me her kit of whelping stuff so I only have a few small things to get for that. Currently I am trying to find cheap carpet or Lino to go over the normal carpet in the room.

Just for those that didn't go into the April litters - THIS is a belly shot!! :thumbsup:

I have never seen anything like it before!

223325_2023187020224_1260446406_32483775_8078572_n1.jpg

And yes she had them yesterday - 9 by caesarean!!

Edited by AdoubleJ

Just for those that didn't go into the April litters - THIS is a belly shot!! :thumbsup:

I have never seen anything like it before!

And yes she had them yesterday - 9 by ceasarean!!

My girl is expecting 9 and I looked at it with terror! LOL.

We were out and about today and a few people said "oh she isn't that big" then I pointed out the 3 weeks to go. Others looked and went OH MY GOD. LOL I have found she is slowing down though, there have been definite changes this week - her belly dropped, her appetite went up. I just hope we get through the next 3 weeks. I swear she gets bigger every day.

I normally do a Sunday photo but haven't managed to do 1 today, will try for it tomorrow instead.