Litters Due May 2011

Bilbo Baggins

Hey all thought I'd give you a quick update with piccies to come... Ari is doing great we had 8 puppies 6 boys 2 girls but one little boy didn't make it :(

Ari is a great mum taking it all in her stride. piccies to come.

I assume the 9th of May???

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't have a good night. Tess only had 1 stillborn puppy.

Im thinking that stud dogs might be best for me.

Breeding litters is very heart breaking sometimes.

Tess is fine im just keeping an eye on her boobs as she has so much milk.

Cassie

We didn't have a good night. Tess only had 1 stillborn puppy.

Im thinking that stud dogs might be best for me.

Breeding litters is very heart breaking sometimes.

Tess is fine im just keeping an eye on her boobs as she has so much milk.

Cassie

How devastating. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :grouphug:

Cassie I am so very sorry to hear about the little one that didn't make it.

BB it was the 10th May :)

Weiz - I am enjoying them immensely... so much so that I have neglected everything else, including putting up photos! Truth be told I don't have a cord for my camera, but I have been taking photos!!

Well we have 1 week to go. And here is the mountain that is Jazz...

5721659046_4e4bf424ae_z.jpg

ETA: This thread is missing puppy pictures. We need some shots of the May litters that have already arrived.

Edited by piper

Yep! With her coat most of the photos she does not look that big but in reality she has a substantial bulge on either side of her body. The poor thing is so uncomfortable and my sleep is already lacking with middle of the night toilet breaks required every 1.5 - 2 hours and then it takes her 30 mins to settle down again. She is struggling to eat much. I tried to give her 3 not very big chicken wings earlier and that would normally be nothing. She scoffed the first 1, ate the second 1 slowly and when I handed her the third she took it and stood there with it in her mouth looking at me then tried to eat it but brought it up.

We can feel the puppies move now as well which is exciting :) And today's activities were to finish the whelping room. I reorgansied and put things in better places, got the scales out, set up an old TV and DVD player for entertainment, put all he dog towels next to the box. All I need to do now is make the bed so I have somewhere to sleep. I also went shopping and got some newborn bottles and a few other bits and pieces just in case. I am working on the hope that if I have everything I need for hand feeding ready and immediately available then I won't need it. The only thing I haven't got and want is a beef liver. Normally I can get it at Woolworths but I tried there, 2 Coles and our local Foodland as well as 2 butchers. I am going to ask the local butcher if I can order 1.

Hi all,

Well our babies are here (14ht May). We had 8 babies 6 boys and 2 girls but sadly 2 boys didnt make it :cry: .

On a good note the other 6 and mummy Wasabi and doing great. Sabi had 6 puppies then the last 2 where hiding in her ribs so 3am C Sec was needed.

Who ever said dog breeding was fun :(

here is a photo from today

post-15158-0-27298100-1305461989_thumb.jpg

ETA: This thread is missing puppy pictures. We need some shots of the May litters that have already arrived.

Good luck! We have about 12 days to go with Lava, getting nice and chubby now.

Hi all,

Well our babies are here (14ht May). We had 8 babies 6 boys and 2 girls but sadly 2 boys didnt make it :cry: .

On a good note the other 6 and mummy Wasabi and doing great. Sabi had 6 puppies then the last 2 where hiding in her ribs so 3am C Sec was needed.

sorry about the 2 boys, good luck with the rest, looking very content.

Hey all

Sorry it's taken so long for me to upload a puppy pic!!

i can only upload one from work cos it's big and takes too long... but here it is!

DSC_4884.jpg

if you want to see more my website has them all here

Unfortunately, we lost a girl over the weekend... so we now have 6 - 5 boys 1 girl... all doing well and putting on masses of weight!!

Edited by SparkyTansy

OMG what a difference 1 weeks makes. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hi all,

Where the dead ones the last two??.

I had to do a caesar for a dead pup once, same up in the ribs. Vet felt her and said bulky uterus, but I knew she was not settling. Xray showed a pup.

No stricture, so we are a good to go for a natural birth with hopefully no complications.

And you know they are big when you go to a reproductive clinic, the vet nurses are breeders as well and they all look and go "Oh my god!" They said they can be out +/-1 or 2 with the ultrasound but they don't think he over counted. LOL.