I Am Never Walking My Dogs In This Neighbourhood Again.

Jimmay

There were 2 people, there was no suggestion the dogs should go over to the incident. A screaming baby face down on the path with possible head injuries IMO is urgent. Dogs in flight with a screaming baby on the ground is a recipe for disaster, especially if it was between the dogs fighting. Reducing the risk to all involved would be my intention. Give dogs to stronger person and remove from danger, attend injured baby face down on concrete whilst dogs are attempting to kill each other around it.

Super Chewy to the rescue.

You want the weaker person to wade into the middle of a dog fight and save the baby. :p

Who's rescuing the old man - or doesn't he rate on your priorities?

Who said the OP's mum was weak? Obviously you would attend to the old man when the baby was off the ground. It should not take 2 people to walk 2 dogs to safety. Whilst a baby is on the ground in a deadly situation?

No Super Chewys in this town, if there was, a dead friend would still be alive today.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were 2 people, there was no suggestion the dogs should go over to the incident. A screaming baby face down on the path with possible head injuries IMO is urgent. Dogs in flight with a screaming baby on the ground is a recipe for disaster, especially if it was between the dogs fighting. Reducing the risk to all involved would be my intention. Give dogs to stronger person and remove from danger, attend injured baby face down on concrete whilst dogs are attempting to kill each other around it.

Super Chewy to the rescue.

You want the weaker person to wade into the middle of a dog fight and save the baby. :p

Who's rescuing the old man - or doesn't he rate on your priorities?

Who said the OP's mum was weak? Obviously you would attend to the old man when the baby was off the ground. It should not take 2 people to walk 2 dogs to safety. Whilst a baby is on the ground in a deadly situation?

No Super Chewys in this town, if there was, a dead friend would still be alive today.

I did.

Edited by Jimmay

Good for you Chewy. Keep at it. Excellent work. :rolleyes:

Yep, screaming baby with head injuries and near-death and yep, you would have stepped in to save the day.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the OP was concerned for her safety, that of her mother and her dogs. Once they were safely home, the OP returned to the scene to find everything under control, as it was when she left it a few minutes earlier.

So which bits of the story are you having trouble understanding? :confused: And why are you so insistent that your way is the only way?

We are ALL different, individuals and we all respond to situations differently. So accept that and move on. The OP handled it her way. Fine if you disagree but don't make someone else feel bad because they didn't make the choice you *say* you would have made in their place. ;)

Um, the OP?

She said her Mum wasn't strong enough to restrain the dogs.

Um, the OP?

Why is she walking a dog in public then?

Um, the OP?

Because she's with her daughter. :rolleyes:

Um, the OP?

She was walking Pixie, the 8kg jrt....

Um, the OP?

I would say she was walking Pixie the smaller of the dogs and obviously a dog she can handle.

I wouldnt expect my mother to hold Keira and another dog it just wouldn't be possible. Nor would I have wanted her to put herself into a situation of running into that frazzle.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

Is everyone choosing to ignore this comment :rolleyes:

To me this comment explains Chewy's reaction to the OP's frightening situation

There's no way in hell I would have sent my mother into that situation.

I can't believe how many times i've had to explain the fact that the baby's pram fell whilst there were good 10 or so people on the scene and I was already half way up the street.

You don't need to explain yourself or justify your actions to 98% of the people who have read this far. It would have been horrible for you. I would have done the same.

Seems Chewy needs another holiday, she appears pretty stressed out.

Is everyone choosing to ignore this comment :rolleyes:

I was attempting to prevent Chewy making this thread all about her.

Again.

Chewy passed judgement on the OP but missed a rather important fact. That goes some way to explain her reaction IMO.

Edited by poodlefan

Is everyone choosing to ignore this comment :confused:

Why, we should feel bad cause Chewy feels guilty :rolleyes: It could have been thrown in to get the heat off her for her very insightful comments.

If I was Super Rebanne I too could have saved someone, a 3 year old child, but I am just an ordinary person.

I hope they are reported

DECLARED DANGEROUS

and if they are ever reported to attack again EUTHANISED, and the owner charged.

and no one would know what they would do faced in that situation until it happened,

Edited by KOE

Jimmay - the ignore function is handy :rolleyes:

The benefit of hindsight, the complete absence of adrenaline and not being there will always make others think that they would have done something different in the circumstances but until you are placed in the exact same circumstances, with the exactly the same emotional make up then its all just argument for arguments sake really...

Is everyone choosing to ignore this comment :confused:

Why, we should feel bad cause Chewy feels guilty :rolleyes: It could have been thrown in to get the heat off her for her very insightful comments.

If I was Super Rebanne I too could have saved someone, a 3 year old child, but I am just an ordinary person.

No one is asking anyone to feel bad. Everyone has a different priority list and that is fine. I should not have brought my own incident in to the thread, but it sure as shit was not mentioned to throw the weight off. Due to the huge amount of people I know in person on this forum, it would be rather stupid of me to pull a shifty with a guilt provoking comment such as death. Unfortunately I sprouted my mouth off and have been quoted. Self control is one thing that unfortunately dissipates when it comes to threads like this.

To the OP, I am apologising to you for questioning your actions.

OP - Well done on the level headed approach to protecting yourself and your immediate family before others.

After the travelling I have done recently it reminds me of the thing they say in the safety demo on planes. Fit your oxygen mask BEFORE helping others including children. Adding another person to the equation is just silly when it's avoidable.