What Else Can I Feed Pregnant Girl

ashka1

My girl has 1 week to go before she has pups, she is now refusing all food besides raw chicken thighs. I have tried mince, steak,eggs, dry food, even tinned dog food and fish. She just wont touch it. I am just a bit conserned about her nutritionally as this has been going on for a week already. Any thoughts on what else I could add?

:rolleyes: Just adding a reply as it is late and I am probably the only on reading this.

Have you tried veg and cooked rice with maybe a tin of sardines......just a thought as sardines are smelly

hope someone else comes along soon with some more helpfull advice.

Look forward to hearing all about the new bubs and especially pics.....cheers

Give her some nutragel - just squeeze it out on your fingers and put it in her mouth. As well as having high nutrition it can get the appetite going again. My girl survived on a combination of steak & nutragel in her last week - and we had 6 healthy babies :rolleyes:

Chicken thigh including the bone or just the meat? If she eats them bone and all then I wouldn't worry about her at all.

I agree. Have you tried her with cooked liver? A small portion two or three times a week would be a nutritious addition if she'd eat it.

I had a bitch who used to get very fussy about her food at around the same stage of pregnancy - if she's eating the chicken thighs I wouldn't worry too much. Have you tried giving her some puppy food? My bitch would (with a lot of coaxing) eat Nature's Gift tinned puppy food, which is fairly high in calcium.

Thanks everyone,

yes she is eating chicken thighs bones and all. Still all she will eat happily

I tried sardines, nope, puppy food nope, have bought some cat food, will give it a try

I have got nutigel now and was also advised to give incramin iron suppliment, wil give her these tonight.

BBQ chicken was ok she ate some,

she is huge and uncomfortable poor girl. 5 days left to go....