Dyson Groom

cassie

I used to have a Dyson vaccuum cleaner, but lost it when I split with the ex. My new OH and I decided it was time to buy another yesterday, so off we went to Harvey Norman to purchase. I was delighted to also find the new (at least I think it's new?) Dyson Groom tool. It's great! Attach it to your Dyson and it's like a slicker brush, then as you groom the hair that comes out gets sucked up straight away, no hairballs flying around everywhere to then clean up afterwards :laugh: I love it! Zephyr was a little unsure of it at first, but plenty of treats and praise and then he was ok, and it did a great job, sucked out heaps of dead coat. Just wondering if anyone else has this tool? And also starting the thread to say that I highly recommend it! :confused:

Dyson Groom

Do you mean are the bristles sharp? Some slickers are horribly scratchy I agree, but not this one. I made sure I tested it on my own skin before I bought it. The lady at Harvey Norman thought I was a little crazy but oh well! :laugh:

Looks pretty cool :confused: Lola's coat is too short for it though, I think.

Yes it does say only for use on medium/long coats. I suppose any coat that you'd normally use a slicker brush on.

By the way, you don't have to pay the RRP, you can ALWAYS talk them down :cheers: We ended up getting the Dyson vaccuum cleaner with an extra 4 years warranty (on top of the normal two years, so total of six) plus the Dyson Groom for $100 LESS THAN the advertised price of the vaccuum cleaner alone! :laugh: Massive saving.

That does look awesome and I already have a Dyson. We'll see how our new puppy reacts to the sound - it's pretty loud.

ETA - it says use on adult dogs only - we'll have to wait a bit to try it out :laugh:

Edited by stonecutter

The instructions include some pretty sensible tips and steps to follow such as:

- leave the vaccuum where the dog can see it when not in use so it becomes a regular part of the dog's environment

- feed the dog near the vaccuum

- progress to feeding the dog with the vaccuum switched on

- use the grooming tool on the dog without it attached to the vaccuum

- progress to grooming the dog with the tool attached to the vaccuum

I was asked to take Bella along for a trade show for a lady who does a grooming school for a demo dog. Aparantly groom salons can get this kind of set up, and you can get ferminators that attach to vacumes too

I would love to get one but apparently they are not compatible with barrel cleaners with motorheads which strikes me as kind of ridiculous as motorheads are what you want for picking up pet hair from carpets. There is not even an adaptor of any sort available.

I would love to get one but apparently they are not compatible with barrel cleaners with motorheads which strikes me as kind of ridiculous as motorheads are what you want for picking up pet hair from carpets. There is not even an adaptor of any sort available.

Which model do you have Paulp? I have a barrel/motorhead (DC23) and it's fine.

Which model do you have Paulp? I have a barrel/motorhead (DC23) and it's fine.

I have a DC21 motorhead. Just looked at the website and they now say you can use them with an extra extension hose (when they first came out they just said they were incompatible). Will have to take another look at them.

Ooh. I want one. However, we will only be able to use it on one dog as the male is fearful of vacuum cleaners, ever since when he was a pup he sniffed it when it was turned on (hubby was doing the car) and got the fright of his life, poor baby. :laugh: