Litters Due In June 2011

Bilbo Baggins

Thanks Piper. She seems to have stopped panting this morning. My other bitch never did it, so it was new to me! I am going to take her for a post whelp check this morning just in case. We live a fair way out of town so I thought I would feel more relaxed taking her and having her checked. She doesnt seem to have much milk but the pups seems to be settled enough!

Fordogs - Any news?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have puppies born between 6.30pm & 11.05 pm ( I still managed to grab some sleep ) Razz has 2 boys and 3 girls

only 3 days early, can't believe that she finally had a good sized litter I am over the moon with 3 girls to choose

from. I will try for some photos later. :cooldance: :cooldance:

Congrats on the litters. I got Mango x rayed today as she was off her food and I wanted to check for any obstructions etc. Thankfully, no obstruction, and I got to see one clear little puppy in there, possibly another. She is between 6 and 7 weeks. I'm hoping there may be another hiding in there somewhere but even two would be great.

Our very first litter, I'm so excited :thumbsup:

We have puppies born between 6.30pm & 11.05 pm ( I still managed to grab some sleep ) Razz has 2 boys and 3 girls

only 3 days early, can't believe that she finally had a good sized litter I am over the moon with 3 girls to choose

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Very cool litter born on my birthday. :D :D :D :D

Congratulations Fordogs, glad you got some sleep. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Took the brood to the vet today just to put my mind at ease. Everything is fine, everyone is gaining weight nicely and Lucy has enough milk. I think it did Lucy good to get out (took the pups too) but as she wasnt glued to them I think she realised they werent going anywhere. Here is todays photo.

post-32892-0-86339900-1307435194_thumb.jpg

I was surprised that I could not get it at the local health food store - I had incorrectly assumed I would get it easily so I would recommend checking with enough time to order some. By the time I checked (the day before she had the pups) it was too late to order any in. Jazz seemed quite happy with the tea though :)

Ok people I'm offically starting to get nervious.

Felt some wiggles in the tummy this morning yay! ;)

She is resting alot more and craving food like she is starving. Feeding reasonable size meals 3 - 4 times a day, refuses kibble so it's all fresh food.

Big concern, Nipples are huge! Swallon bigger than last time and i can see myself handfeeding as new born puppies would struggle to latch on to these massive things. :eek:

Weight before mating - 7.5 kilos.

Weighed today, 10 kilos. :eek:

18 days to go which we all know they stack it on in the final weeks.

Interesting looking back on records from last year to compare.

Last year prior to mating 7.5kilos.

9.1 kilos taken 14 days to go and she whelped 6 puppies, 2 which unfortunately died 48hrs after birth (tiny pups).

So in conclusion I'm either feeding her more, or she has bigger size puppies or there is more this time!

Verdict wil soon be revealed on the 26th June or there abouts.

Photo taken today-

lelebelly3weekstogo.png

Ok people I'm offically starting to get nervious.

Felt some wiggles in the tummy this morning yay! ;)

She is resting alot more and craving food like she is starving. Feeding reasonable size meals 3 - 4 times a day, refuses kibble so it's all fresh food.

Big concern, Nipples are huge! Swallon bigger than last time and i can see myself handfeeding as new born puppies would struggle to latch on to these massive things. :eek:

Weight before mating - 7.5 kilos.

Weighed today, 10 kilos. :eek:

18 days to go which we all know they stack it on in the final weeks.

Interesting looking back on records from last year to compare.

Last year prior to mating 7.5kilos.

9.1 kilos taken 14 days to go and she whelped 6 puppies, 2 which unfortunately died 48hrs after birth (tiny pups).

So in conclusion I'm either feeding her more, or she has bigger size puppies or there is more this time!

Verdict wil soon be revealed on the 26th June or there abouts.

Photo taken today-

lelebelly3weekstogo.png

Do not panic. Those nipples are okay.

Master 7 is of the opinion that she is going to have 99-100 babies, Rebanne - are you ready for that? :laugh:

as long as master 7 is prepared to take his share, oh, lets say 90 of them :laugh:

:eek:

Master 7 is ecstatic at the thought - but I know WHO will end up cleaning up the puppy poo, so will regretfully decline the honour on his behalf... :D