Vet Recommendations Please

I have no idea as to vets in my new area. Lilly has yet another UTI and I need to book her in ASAP. She's had recurrent infections for the past six months so I may need further investigations such as x-rays (can only afford initial consult and ABs this fortnight but please don't flame me for this!). Any good vets or practices in the area you can recommend greatly appreciated.

I'm looking for a new vet that I can use whenever I need them but this is kinda urgent as I need to get her seen either tomorrow late afternoon or Saturday. She's been weeing inside yesterday and today so I'm pretty sure it's another UTI behind this. She's normally clean and dry for 12 hours at a time. :rofl:

Lilly's my greyhound, a senior at 11 yrs old.

Please let me know if you know who to see or who to avoid.

TIA. :D

Edited by lillysmum

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We use Southern Cross Veterinarians at Woodford, they do have a clinic at Wamuran. Woodford opens at 8.00am 54961166.

PS Wamuran would be at the most 10 minute drive from the centre of Caboolture i.e. King Street where the Council Chambers are located, and Woodford a 20 minute drive.

There is another clinic in Wamuran but from what I have heard on the grapevine, not to be recommended.

Edited by Hesapandabear

We go out to the Beerwah vet but when our puppy got a tick on a Sunday we went to Caboolture District Animal Hospital as they are open 7 days/week. They are on the corner of Bribie and Pasturage Roads (just on the way to Bribie) about 5 minutes from the centre of Caboolture. We were happy with their service.

We've just had the same pup with bladder issues too!!

Hugs to Lilly.

If you need anything just give me a yell.

Thanks Hesa, will give them a call tomorrow. :rofl:

Daisy - I think it's just a recurrent infection. My concern is that she's had three or four in the past six months. I know it's uncomfortable for her and that she doesn't like having to 'go' when inside. :) The wee is always right near the door.

The lovely vet I had in Brissy previously is just too far from here or I'd stick with her. She's fantastic but about 40 kms from home. :D

I'll see if I can get a longer course of ABs because it might just be something that needs a month's treatment rather than 7 to 10 days. I just feel bad for her that she's sick again. :champagne:

We go out to the Beerwah vet but when our puppy got a tick on a Sunday we went to Caboolture District Animal Hospital as they are open 7 days/week. They are on the corner of Bribie and Pasturage Roads (just on the way to Bribie) about 5 minutes from the centre of Caboolture. We were happy with their service.

We've just had the same pup with bladder issues too!!

Hugs to Lilly.

If you need anything just give me a yell.

Great, thanks! :D :rofl: I need an emergency vet too...not many places offer a 7 day a week service.

How's your puppy?

I didn't realise they were 7 days either (lucky my neighbour did though) - we thought we'd have to go to either Chermside or the Sunshine Coast. He needed to be hospitalised so it was great they were so close.

Our pup has struvite crystals in his urine - he's on a special diet at the moment. He was only 11 months old when diagnosed so quite young to be having problems. He's doing great though. Let us know how you get on with Lilly.

:) How are you settling in? Have you started work yet? Is it going well? How is Ruby going with Steve? (100 questions lol!)

I love the house I'm renting. Great quiet street, awesome neighbours who are friendly without being in-your-face. :thumbsup: The house is still a mess with boxes to be unpacked but there's no rush, I hope to stay here for a while...until I can afford to buy anyway. I'm checking asking prices in the area and if I save for a couple of years, and if the market hasn't picked up, I can do it, at least I can get something which may need a bit of work...

I started work on Monday, am in training til the end of next week. I'm catching up with lots of my former team mates and everyone has been so welcoming and happy to see me. :birthday: I'm so happy to be back there, it's just a lovely place to work and I missed it a lot more than I realised. There have been some staff movements too so some of the people I worked with are now in my new area, which is fantastic! :rofl: My social life should improve too as there are lots of functions and stuff happening outside the office.

Ruby is great; she's thriving as an only dog. I miss her terribly. :thumbsup: I think it's doing him good as well - he's already given her two baths and is more interested in looking after her than he was when we were together. She gets a walk most days too, which she rarely got with me - I exercised her in the yard and did some training with her to keep her interested and occupied but I'm sure she prefers a walk! :champagne: The others are really settled without her as she was the one with a bit of food aggression so meal times were always a challenge. They both get more of my time and energy which is great for them too. :D

I didn't realise they were 7 days either (lucky my neighbour did though) - we thought we'd have to go to either Chermside or the Sunshine Coast. He needed to be hospitalised so it was great they were so close.

Our pup has struvite crystals in his urine - he's on a special diet at the moment. He was only 11 months old when diagnosed so quite young to be having problems. He's doing great though. Let us know how you get on with Lilly.

There's always Albany Creek too...for after hours emergency type stuff. They're supposed to be fantastic.

Hi LM. Wonderful that you are doing so well. sounds terrific all round! :rofl: :D

Hope Lilly is OK. Dear girl. Could she have bladder stones? Only mention it because my elderly ACD had problems and ended up having many stones removed.. poor girl. she was terrific afterwards, back to normal. She was about 14 at the time..

Love and hugs. xxxxxxx

Hi LM. Wonderful that you are doing so well. sounds terrific all round! :rofl: :D

Hope Lilly is OK. Dear girl. Could she have bladder stones? Only mention it because my elderly ACD had problems and ended up having many stones removed.. poor girl. she was terrific afterwards, back to normal. She was about 14 at the time..

Love and hugs. xxxxxxx

Could be stones, that's why I'm thinking an x-ray might help.

She'll be okay once it's diagnosed and treated...I'm just worried that she's had so many in a short time frame.

:) How are you settling in? Have you started work yet? Is it going well? How is Ruby going with Steve? (100 questions lol!)

I love the house I'm renting. Great quiet street, awesome neighbours who are friendly without being in-your-face. :thumbsup: The house is still a mess with boxes to be unpacked but there's no rush, I hope to stay here for a while...until I can afford to buy anyway. I'm checking asking prices in the area and if I save for a couple of years, and if the market hasn't picked up, I can do it, at least I can get something which may need a bit of work...

I started work on Monday, am in training til the end of next week. I'm catching up with lots of my former team mates and everyone has been so welcoming and happy to see me. :birthday: I'm so happy to be back there, it's just a lovely place to work and I missed it a lot more than I realised. There have been some staff movements too so some of the people I worked with are now in my new area, which is fantastic! :rofl: My social life should improve too as there are lots of functions and stuff happening outside the office.

Ruby is great; she's thriving as an only dog. I miss her terribly. :thumbsup: I think it's doing him good as well - he's already given her two baths and is more interested in looking after her than he was when we were together. She gets a walk most days too, which she rarely got with me - I exercised her in the yard and did some training with her to keep her interested and occupied but I'm sure she prefers a walk! :champagne: The others are really settled without her as she was the one with a bit of food aggression so meal times were always a challenge. They both get more of my time and energy which is great for them too. :D

good to hear that things are going well for you :birthday:

We went to see Sophie at Southern Cross vets in Wamuran. She's taken blood, prescribed antibiotics, and given Lilly a complete check-up. I'm very impressed with how thorough she was during the exam: full physical including spinal palpation, flexion of limbs, listened to heart and lungs, checked mouth, nose, ears and eyes, took temperature, and then gave her a full 'undercarriage' exam and palpation. :) Temperature is normal (good sign!), heart is strong with no murmur (excellent for an 11 yr old greyhound), no lumps or bumps anywhere, and it could be a simple UTI...but it's also possible Lilly has some kind of organ failure, bladder or kidney stones, or even just incontinence.

I should have the blood results mid-week.

Thanks to Hesa for the vet recommendation, it's not far to travel and Sophie is a greyhound lover...in fact she's adopting a greyhound in a couple of weeks. ;)