Dog Snorting Through Nose

The Vet did say both dogs should loose some weight as it MAY be putting pressure on the soft pallet causing the snorting (which i now don't agree with 100%) but i do agree the dogs are on the fat side. So we are on a strict diet and are swimming weekly and walking daily.

Glad to see things are improving... but why don't you believe the theory above? :laugh: It may be that the excess weight is adding to the issue and without the wieght, the dog may not succumb to the symptoms as easily.

I do agree somewhat that weight can be adding to the problem which is why we are dieting. But my dogs are in no way obese. Dog in question, blue heeler weighs 23kg. I just don't agree that it is the full diagnosis of the snorting.

But yes - we can all afford to trim up a bit in this household.

I would have thought 23 kilos for a blue heeler, way over weight to be healthy :rofl:

I would have thought 23 kilos for a blue heeler, way over weight to be healthy :laugh:

Really? I look at her and see a solid dog but not super fat. I could be/well I guess I am wrong now I read the above comments and take on board what the vet said.

Nonetheless we are on a diet. Down to half a cup of royal canin and a veggie blended mix. Vet did suggest going on royal canin obese or hills r/d but I have a full opened bag of rc medium which I really did not want to waste. Normally they would have gotten one full cup of rc each.

My greedy puppy has done this twice in his life and both times an unchewed biscuit popped out shortly after, almost as though he had inhaled it and it was stuck in his nasal passage.

Obviously that's not exactly the case for you but it does sound as though she's got something in her nasal passage thats annoying her. I'd be inclined to agree with the grass seed idea. Or something along those lines.

Fingers crossed for you that if you do go ahead with the scope it's not a wasted procedure. :cheer:

My greedy puppy has done this twice in his life and both times an unchewed biscuit popped out shortly after, almost as though he had inhaled it and it was stuck in his nasal passage.

Obviously that's not exactly the case for you but it does sound as though she's got something in her nasal passage thats annoying her. I'd be inclined to agree with the grass seed idea. Or something along those lines.

Fingers crossed for you that if you do go ahead with the scope it's not a wasted procedure. :cheer:

I did go ahead with the scope a couple of weeks ago. Nothing found in the nose or throat. I'm pleased as it also ruled out cancer.

Since the scope she has stopped which is great but annoying as I never got a definitive answer as to what it was.

My other dog reverse sneezes. This snorting was different as it actually sounded like her nasal passage was blocked.

Oh well it appears to have sorted itself out.

Champs Dad, that is the very same link that ~Anne~ posted above so you both must be in agreement that it is appropos here!! :D

Maybe you guys are right, we should perhaps ask Troy to consider pinning that thread?

Ah whoops, reading threads (and checking links) properly is obviously not one of my strong points :D

Fingers crossed for you that if you do go ahead with the scope it's not a wasted procedure. :rofl:

I did go ahead with the scope a couple of weeks ago. Nothing found in the nose or throat. I'm pleased as it also ruled out cancer.

Since the scope she has stopped which is great but annoying as I never got a definitive answer as to what it was.

My other dog reverse sneezes. This snorting was different as it actually sounded like her nasal passage was blocked.

Oh well it appears to have sorted itself out.

Pity you didn't get to find out the cause. I hate it when that happens, but at least your dog seems okay now. Bet you've got a nice credit card bill coming soon too!