Ford Territory Owners - What Are Your Cars Like?

lappiemum

Ford Territory now comes with a Turbo Diesel engine - but is very exxy on fuel (13L/100Km highway driving, up to 18L/100Km round town)

I just upgraded to a Mazda CX-9. Oh how I love it. It's got heaps of room, huge boot that fits a dog crate and matress, Kuma, luggage... 7 seats - my 6'4" hubby can sit in the rear seats (just). Rear aircon. sat nav, blue tooth, reversing camera, all the bells and whistles! I am getting good fuel economy (mid 13L/100Km round town, got down to about 11L/100Km on highway driving). it's just under 2 weeks old so the fuel economy will improve.

Worth a look in my opinion :laugh:

That's a bit crap!!!!

I get 13L/100 in my 2001 Hilux forby. That is with an after market turbo and bigger tyres towing a trailer!!

The new turbo diesels are supposed to be better

Ford Territory now comes with a Turbo Diesel engine - but is very exxy on fuel (13L/100Km highway driving, up to 18L/100Km round town)

I just upgraded to a Mazda CX-9. Oh how I love it. It's got heaps of room, huge boot that fits a dog crate and matress, Kuma, luggage... 7 seats - my 6'4" hubby can sit in the rear seats (just). Rear aircon. sat nav, blue tooth, reversing camera, all the bells and whistles! I am getting good fuel economy (mid 13L/100Km round town, got down to about 11L/100Km on highway driving). it's just under 2 weeks old so the fuel economy will improve.

Worth a look in my opinion :eek:

That's a bit crap!!!!

I get 13L/100 in my 2001 Hilux forby. That is with an after market turbo and bigger tyres towing a trailer!!

The new turbo diesels are supposed to be better

If this is aimed at the CX-9 figures, like I said... it's only 2 weeks old with just over 1000Km on the clock, so the fuel economy will improve once the engine has worn in properly - likely a 20-30% improvement. Currently averaging 13L/100Km round town with most of the trip through fuel burning roadworks (40Km/hr bumper to bumper) so all in all not too bad. My Liberty GT Wagon was giving me worse figures!

Apparently the new TD Territory has quite poor fuel economy figures. OH's work was looking at them for their fleet, but opted for TD Mondeo instead.

Edited by KumaAkita