Rapigel

rubiton

Does anyone use this? It was on TT tonight in regard as a horse product used on people and these old people were finding it fantastic. OF course forget the oldpeople Im looking going hang on people, horses ......dogs and of course moments later they have a big close up for treatment of horses and dogs.

So does anyone use it and if so how do you avoid it being licked off or ending up on the carpet etc ? And how effective is it?

You can use Rapigel, it will soak into the coat.

My personal preference is for Penetrene ( and if you see a bottle of that snap it up, as it's no longer being made )

Odzon is another that works well

You can also try Equinade Linament

They are all about the same price for the same size

I have a few people that purchase it for themselves, having found limited relief with products recommended for people. They have suffered chronic pain long enough that they will use whatever gives them relief.

I find the penetrene eases my sore wrist and my fingers always feel good after massaging the dogs.

Be aware of any that are made to " blister". You do not want to be putting such things on your own skin and I'm very wary about using them on dogs. DMSO, Dermcusal are a couple that come to mind

Thanks - plan to give it a try. The old bloke playing bowls were pretty convincing and someone at work had also mention stuff used on horses was good for people but didnt have the product name. Guess the advertorial stories on TT sometimes may be useful.

We use rapigel for ourselves although can understad the benefits for animals. Well, it is for animals anyway. Hubby does different jobs at ork and gets very sore fingers and has used it with much success. I have used it on my back with good results. We got it from Horseland and the lady said that they are selling it more for people than for animals.

It has a drying agent in it.

How have you found it rubiton?

I've ordered it online from a couple of places as seems everyone in Adelaide watches Today Tonight and were convinced by those old people as both Horseland and Bonnetts are currently sold out (and plenty of people still asking by mid morning today). The world stopping for a week has caused delays with everything.

HAve also now heard from others saying how it works on dogs and humans and seems a really old remedy from the ingredients.

Have also ordered a magnetic rug to see if that helps too (If it doesnt help her at least I can put it on my back/shoulder!).

I use it on myself, and Dad tried some when he was here, raved on about how it did nothing and left... i later noticed he had taken my container of it with him :)

We get a lot of older people in buying it and they say it is great.

Rapigel....fantastic stuff! I use it me, my husband, my arthritic mother...my dogs don't need it at this stage but will use it on them if need be :D It's excellent stuff...smells awful though.

I got mine from Petstock store...they sell more for humans than for animals.

First dose of it this morning and dont know about the dog but my hand is doingthe deep heat but weird cool sensation thing over an hour later.

She certainly hates the smell of it though!

Rubiton, How is the Rapid Gel going... on the dog I mean??

She hates it - I find it attacts the dirt in her coat and needs to be combed out a couple of hours after being put on to dry properly (to stop the coat getting a little 'clumpy').

Seems to be helping but then it could also be the rubbing it in and the grooming later that is massaging the area (or probably bit of both). Still usually has the limp when she gets up but not the 'my leg is going to fall off' hobble and we have been able to go for the 10 min walk each day without her getting noticably worse. Might try to go a little further (bigger circle) tomorrow as the magnetic coat is due to turn up at some stage. The highlight of her day is going for a walk and on lead walks are easier to control than pent up energy used for bolting around the yard like a nutcase.

Or might try the apply a little before we go then let her roll in the dirt etc wash off the area then apply the 'after workout' (as you woudl a horse) as I have been putting int on straight after we get back. Havent done that yet as the surrounds of the house were sprayed on Monday and was still stinking this morning.

Edited by rubiton

• 4 weeks later...

I love the stuff, for me and my dog! I find it soaks in ok, not the most desirable finish on the coat and can attract stickiness however I care less about what his coat looks/feels like if it helps his movement and makes him more comfortable, when they are old that is most important. Give it a go!! Definitely not a solution for comfort on its own but my animal chiropractor uses it in conjunction with his treatments and I keep it on hand. Good luck - oh and it smells nice!!

Something seems to help. Have got her back walking 3/4 of what we used to - starting to let her run off the lead too at the park. Basically if we get back and she is showing any soreness its on with the rapigel (and lightweight rug since she's worked out how to try and lick her shoulder) and then when it dries I brush the area out as it clogs up any dirt from rolling and sticks (brush meaning lightly rake, comb and glove to get the area all freed up again). Then if still alittle stiff the magnetic rug goes on for an hour or two.

Now whether its the getting back to exercise and the muscles are building up while the nails are starting to be worn down, the rapigel the rubbing etc of the shoulder to put it on and brush it out or the heat from the rugs or the magnetic affect. I dont know but something or a combination seems to be doing something to reduce the lameness.