Melbourne Royal Schedule

SwaY

Thanks for that!

Fantastic! If I can sort out work and time off, I might have a very baby puppy there! :D

I am still used to the horse showing and hope I can learn the ropes of dog showing quickly (well it will be happening no matter what, I just don't want to do the breeder a disservice!)

Edited by eventingpony

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I entered after 5, and got a receipt, so hoping my entries are OK. (I forgot until reminded at the last minute)

I like the toileting area at Melb. It is much, much better than the toileting areas at Brisbane and Sydney. The part I do hate though is that we cant take trolleys into the assembly area, so have to leave our remaining dogs in the trolley in the public area while we show one dog, then rush out of the ring, out of the assembly area, push through the crowd to the trolley and try and swap dogs over and get back into the ring before being called absent :mad

Entries for the 2011 Royal Melbourne Championship Dog Show are still being taken, so there is still time to get your entries in, either by mail or online at www.rasv.com.au

Kind Regards

Estelle Nix

Have entries closed? and Is there any way we can find out the number of entrants broken down into breed numbers/classes?:D This is my first royal so was a bit curious as to how big it'll be. :( I have a puppy bitch and have also entered in the sweepstakes.....not looking forward to the toileting area though from what i can tell it's a bit on the nose by the end of the week, great cause i'm on the last day. :mad

I heard they would be open until Aug 2 - not 100% thou

Email Estelle to ask [email protected]

No there is no breed break down etc.

The Royal is the largest in Australia - Over 3000+ dogs.

thanks Sway so i should perhaps start drinking now then if it's that big :eek: , only joking. bit excited though :D

Sorry if I have missed it somewhere, does anyone know where I can get measurements for dog benches at the Royal?

Benching Size

Double: 19400w x 950d x 800h

Single: 982w x 950d x 800h

Small: 652w x 950d x 800h

Feel a bit silly asking this :o but could someone tell me if we use our own crates or does the show supply them, this is my first royal so not sure how this side of things work. thanks :D

The dogs are issued a bench each, you can put your crate on top of that - you supply the crate.

I will try and find some pictures for you to show you what it looks like.

Here are some pictures of the Royal, however the blue benches shown are the old ones.

The new ones are melamine - Just think 3 sided shelf with 3 sides back and both sides.

Bench pictures

Edited by SwaY

Feel a bit silly asking this :o but could someone tell me if we use our own crates or does the show supply them, this is my first royal so not sure how this side of things work. thanks :D

The dogs are issued a bench each, you can put your crate on top of that - you supply the crate.

I will try and find some pictures for you to show you what it looks like.

Here are some pictures of the Royal, however the blue benches shown are the old ones.

The new ones are melamine - Just think 3 sided shelf with 3 sides back and both sides.

Bench pictures

thanks Sway i knew about the benches as i can remember seeing them from years gone by walking through the dog pavillion

but wasn't to sure about who supplied the crate, would hate to have got there without my crate thinking that they supplied it, and vise versa carring around a crate to find that i didn't need it :mad ,

I would also like to say thank you for sharing you knowledge, you have answered a couple of my questions now and being new to the world of showing dogs i do realy appriciate it,:thumbsup:

your a life saver, cheers ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Would someone be able to help me understand (new to showing here)

If I take my Australian Shepherd - Baby Puppy dog (only 3 and a half months at this show) Which day or days would I need to be there?

Wednesday 28th Sept.

Did you enter the show?

The first post has all the days each breed is on.

I havn't entered yet, trying to see if I can get the days off work I would need.

I just wasn't sure if I would have to be there for any other days, or just the breed day. Thankyou

I believe the entries are closed now eventingpony.