SwaY

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't got mine yet, but I'm assuming they'll take a little longer to arrive to QLD. I'll start worrying if I don't have them by this Friday.

As we are flying in from QLD, what do you do about chairs at the royal? I will only have one dog, is there the ability to get two benches? My mum is coming with me, so she won't be able to stand all day.

I've got a K9+ Large crate, by Sway's measurements, this should fit into the benches for Abby to go into.

What happens if it's raining? Are the shows still held outside? My princess doesn't "do" rain. :(

As we are flying in from QLD, what do you do about chairs at the royal? I will only have one dog, is there the ability to get two benches? My mum is coming with me, so she won't be able to stand all day.

You have to bring your own chairs, you can't get two benches unless you enter 2 dogs.

No doubt there will be a few empty benches through out the pavilion due to scratchings.

Can you get another beagle person to bring a chair for you?

What happens if it's raining? Are the shows still held outside? My princess doesn't "do" rain. :(

They have inside and outside rings, usually they run at the same time.

When it rains they usually move inside and squash the rings up to make everyone fit.

You have to bring your own chairs, you can't get two benches unless you enter 2 dogs.

No doubt there will be a few empty benches through out the pavilion due to scratchings.

Can you get another beagle person to bring a chair for you?

Maybe we can just buy some cheap chairs while we are down there. I'm sure others will have some to bring though. There is enough room to sit in chairs though? Brisbane Royal, there's not enough room to sit between the benches and fence.

They have inside and outside rings, usually they run at the same time.

When it rains they usually move inside and squash the rings up to make everyone fit.

Ok great. Nice to know that it might not be a total waste if it rains!

I got my pack and number today. Will have to remember to pack that in my bag so I don't forget it.

Shazzapug - For someone going to the Melbourne Royal for the first time, that little booklet sounds quite daunting! :eek: I actually felt quite nervous about going down and all the rules I had to adhere to before even getting into the building!

Luckily a friend is letting us follow them in, so we'll be in experienced hands.

BiggD - That's what I thought. One year when we went to Sydney, we just went to bunnings and bought cheap chairs. Does Victoria have Bunnings?

Shazzapug - For someone going to the Melbourne Royal for the first time, that little booklet sounds quite daunting! :eek: I actually felt quite nervous about going down and all the rules I had to adhere to before even getting into the building!

Luckily a friend is letting us follow them in, so we'll be in experienced hands.

BiggD - That's what I thought. One year when we went to Sydney, we just went to bunnings and bought cheap chairs. Does Victoria have Bunnings?

Yes :)

Totally agree... this is our first Royal and it all sounds a bit daunting... we are lucky that another exhibitor has given us advice...

Hi Joan- didn't get to catch up with you at Albury due to the shocking weather!

Asalei sometimes Woolworths/Safeway have cheap folding chairs.

Ha ... wasnt it dreadful... I wasnt hard to miss, I was the silly woman carrying the 25kg snow white dog everywhere... people took great pains to remind me "she does have legs you know!!" :laugh: But other than carrying her to and from the ring I never left our gazebo, what a dreadful weekend - weather wise...

Will we see you up here again soon, perhaps the double for the Albury shows in Oct?

The daunting bit in the booklet which I am hoping y'll are refering to is the bloomin' "drive in...drop off...drive out". :) I am taking a friend with me who is a beginner at the royal, never been before as an exhibitor....so we are skipping the drop off and will hopefully find a park in someones yard and walk to gate 7 with everything. :thumbsup: