Red Nose?

I am just curious as to a newspaper ad I seen in the paper over the weekend advertising rednose x staghound puppies.

I did a little research, and concluded that a red nose was another name for a pitbull? Is this correct?

How long have pitbulls been outlawed for???

:laugh:

I have read it often that Pit Bulls have Red Noses and that many ads I have seen mention this.

Just like those "rare" black Maltese puppies, who knows what it really is !

Well it was until a couple of years ago when bans came in! :laugh:

I am just curious as to a newspaper ad I seen in the paper over the weekend advertising rednose x staghound puppies.

I did a little research, and concluded that a red nose was another name for a pitbull? Is this correct?

How long have pitbulls been outlawed for???

:(

Yes it is used to refer to a certain line of APBT but as someone else said who knows if it really is...

Re: Being illegal I believe it was around 1992 that QLD bought in the law against Pitbulls not sure about other states. The ACT and NT have no restrictions on pit bulls though.

Yes it is used to refer to a certain line of APBT but as someone else said who knows if it really is...

Re: Being illegal I believe it was around 1992 that QLD bought in the law against Pitbulls not sure about other states. The ACT and NT have no restrictions on pit bulls though.

\

Wow, really?

I thought the ban was Australia wide....

Such a beautiful looking dog though :hug:

It was only a few years ago in NSW

Old family red nose is the name of a famous line of pitbulls.

The fact that a pitbull has a red nose doesn't mean it's from OFRN lines, though. A lot of less informed pitbull owners think their dog is special or from certain lines just because it has a red nose, which isn't the case. Lots of pitbulls that aren't from OFRN at all have red noses.

Just like although all dalmations have spots, the fact your dog has spots doesn't necessarily make it a dalmation! :thumbsup:

BSL was introduced into Qld in 2003. Commonwealth Import Ban laws were 1992..

tybrax

The fact that a pitbull has a red nose doesn't mean it's from OFRN lines, though. A lot of less informed pitbull owners think their dog is special or from certain lines just because it has a red nose, which isn't the case. Lots of pitbulls that aren't from OFRN at all have red noses.

Just like although all dalmations have spots, the fact your dog has spots doesn't necessarily make it a dalmation! :clap:

So true Staranis, I've lost count of the number of times i've heard people referring to their dogs as rednose, what stupid uneducated fwits.. if you're really into a breed learn the facts!!

And as someone else posted having a rednose certainly doesn't make it a pitbull, labs, dobes i'm sure there's more and people just buy into the hype!

They somehow think that rednose is some special type of pitbull which it is not. And i doubt there's any true ORFN in Australia.

Just like although all dalmations have spots, the fact your dog has spots doesn't necessarily make it a dalmation! :laugh:

So true Staranis, I've lost count of the number of times i've heard people referring to their dogs as rednose, what stupid uneducated fwits.. if you're really into a breed learn the facts!!

And as someone else posted having a rednose certainly doesn't make it a pitbull, labs, dobes i'm sure there's more and people just buy into the hype!

They somehow think that rednose is some special type of pitbull which it is not. And i doubt there's any true ORFN in Australia.

Very true Staranais and Geo. Sadly there is a stigma that Red Nose Pits are tougher, better fighting dogs then the other Pits and so obviously every idiot latches onto that. "I'm so tuff I have a rednose ay"

The other issue is as mentioned people think any dog with a rednose is a pit, in places with BSL this is very bad for dogs who are just crossbred who have rednoses. Ie anything with kelpie, boxer, DDB the list goes on.

Just like although all dalmations have spots, the fact your dog has spots doesn't necessarily make it a dalmation! :rofl:

:shrug: however there are true OFRN dogs in australia, fat chance joe blo down the street has one though, those who own true OFRN would never in a million years let their lines/dogs get out to the general public...