Moving Dog To Neuter Register In Victoria

SilverHaze

Can someone tell me how i move my dog across to the neuter register in Victoria?

I can't get into the dogs vic website (lets not go into the technical failings there)and when i rang up the lady said i just need to send in the papers along with a letter asking to move the dog to the neuter register.

That just doesn't sound right. Shouldn't there be a form?

And in NSW i note they want to see the desexing cert - shouldn't that be the same down here?

Of course i love how in NSW its free, yet in Vic they are charging $15...

There is no form - I guess they thought that not many people would bother so it wasn't worth it!. I just needed to take in the desexing certificate & pedigree & pay the fee & that was it - no change to the registration # at all (I thought it might have an N added or something but no). Easy but yes you will need the certificate.

Isn't there a cover charge to walk into Vic Dogs office now ??? :rofl: Just joking . . .

There is no form - I guess they thought that not many people would bother so it wasn't worth it!. I just needed to take in the desexing certificate & pedigree & pay the fee & that was it - no change to the registration # at all (I thought it might have an N added or something but no). Easy but yes you will need the certificate.

Isn't there a cover charge to walk into Vic Dogs office now ??? :rofl: Just joking . . .

The funny thing is i'm only doing this for an interstate specialty - hadn't even thought to bother since its not like they hold any classes down here!

As for the cover fee...your not wrong there!

Yep, I took the registration in with the desexing certificate and they just signed something saying they sighted the certificate and I received the new reg papers a couple of weeks later. Didn't take long especially considering I got a title added at the same time!

Wonder if you sent it to Dogs NSW if they would accept and do the transfer? LOL

I think its a joke how different each state is, yet we all supposedly work under the ANKC banner. Wish they would make it one uniform rule (and fee!) for the whole country!

Can someone tell me how i move my dog across to the neuter register in Victoria?

I can't get into the dogs vic website (lets not go into the technical failings there)and when i rang up the lady said i just need to send in the papers along with a letter asking to move the dog to the neuter register.

That just doesn't sound right. Shouldn't there be a form?

And in NSW i note they want to see the desexing cert - shouldn't that be the same down here?

Of course i love how in NSW its free, yet in Vic they are charging $15...

In QLD, all I had to do was send in the original pedigree along with a sterilisation certificate and a letter stating that I wanted my dog marked as a Neuter and that I wanted him to remain on the Main Register. New pedigree is issued at no cost.

We just sent in our papers and desexing cert, only done it last week so could be months before we get anything back :(

Should have it back next week. ;) ;)

My sisters only took 10 days and it had to go into her name from the breeder as well.

The funny thing is i'm only doing this for an interstate specialty - hadn't even thought to bother since its not like they hold any classes down here!

Bairnsdale is offering at end of August Early Sept.

In Vic you are required to send the following to DogsVic;

Copy of Desexing Certificate ;

Original Certificate of Pedigree;

and written request to state that you want your dgo' sex changed to- Spayed/Neutered.

The Certificate of Pedigree will come back and where it states" Sex" it with either state "Spayed" or "Neutered".

if you need it urgently you can pay for the Same Day Processing Fee