Neighbours Who Love My Dogs!

HazyWal

I was wondering if anyone is as lucky as I am with having neighbours who love my dogs.I started fostering rescue greyhounds in Aug 2010 after losing my much loved ridgy cross in Nov 2009 after 16 years.I live right in the middle of the very busy coastal town of Terrigal on the Central Coast.My huge backyard backs onto the local bowling club fencing being pool fencing and cyclone wire so everyone can see my dogs.My neighbours to the left are 91 and 92 years old and are always down the back talking to the dogs every morning.My neighbours to the right are in their 20's and love telling me what Stan & Maddie are up to when I'm out.The neighbours down the back are in their 60's and love sitting on their back deck watching my two relive their days at the track doing a thousand laps of what used to be my lawn!Even the guy who delivers the kegs to the bowlo calls out to them every Wed when he arrives.I can hear him calling out"Stan the man come on dude".Even my property manager(YES I LIVE IN A RENTAL)loves to drop in to meet any new greyhounds I have.I don't foster anymore as I have adopted my two and don't want to push the landlord anymore but dream of one day moving to the beautiful South Coast on a couple of acres and having a few more rescue greys,but only if my neighbours come with me! :)

Thats wonderful! Makes life so much easier doesn't it.

One neighbour if fairly indiferrent to Gypsy, but the people on the other side love her and always give her cuddles when we are out the front.

Most of my neighbours have been great with my dogs. One place I used to live, the elderly couple next door used to always cook extra treats for my dogs with their regular Sunday roast, then come to the fence and have them all lined up to get their roast dinner treats in turn - no mean feat when the dogs in question are 5 Rottweilers... lol!

My current neighbours are all lovely too... the young boy next door has a permanent ladder set up next to the fence so he can check out all of the foster pups when they are out playing in the yard - and to have a chat with me about what he's been up to at school, etc...

T.

Stan's Mum, that is such a lovely story!

I also have two greyhounds. Soon after I moved into my current house (yes, also a rental), my neighbour came to the front fence in order to return my cat's collar (which had come off near the neighbour's yard). The neighbour saw the dogs and said "oh... I would really love to meet them". So I let her in... and she kissed my greyhound, Deanna. It was very sweet.

Every time my neighbour sees me and the hounds on the street she has to give the dogs a kiss and a cuddle. It's the greyhound charm, isn't it? :)

:laugh::rofl:

Stan's Mum, that is such a lovely story!

I also have two greyhounds. Soon after I moved into my current house (yes, also a rental), my neighbour came to the front fence in order to return my cat's collar (which had come off near the neighbour's yard). The neighbour saw the dogs and said "oh... I would really love to meet them". So I let her in... and she kissed my greyhound, Deanna. It was very sweet.

Every time my neighbour sees me and the hounds on the street she has to give the dogs a kiss and a cuddle. It's the greyhound charm, isn't it? :)

It sure is and beleive me my Stanley just oozes the charm if it means a cuddle!Funniest thing is the 90 year olds are hard of hearing(obviously)and Reg thinks I named Mads(Maddie) after his wife Madge.So when they're around Madge it is!Stan & Madge :rofl:

How lucky are you Stan's mum, it must make life so much easier.

I am also blessed with good neighbors, on one side I have a couple in their 60's with no pets. They have never complained in seven years and they were happy for me to get my four dog license from the council.

On the other side I have a family that raise guide dog puppies and also have two dogs of there own.

Lovely post :thumbsup:

Very similar here in our neighbourhood :) Jangels & Louis play with Sally all the time & Neville & Sooky are used to me talking to them over the fence.

We all keep an eye out for all the doggies in our street which is a nice feeling