Clipper Blade Care

HI everyone,

I am just wondering if come experienced people could give me some advice concerning the care and storage of my clipper and blades? I recently bought a Wahl KM-2 with #4F, #10 and #30 blades. How should I protect my clipper blades from rust and keep them in top-condition? Should I get a blade wash? I have a can/bottle of "shaver guard" from the shaver shop but am unsure if it's suitable for this sort of clipper. Do I need to oil them after cleaning them with a blade wash?

Also should I get a blade caddy or box for storing the blades?

I recently clipped down my parent's old Shih tzu cross and it was awesome - though I am still learning the basics it sure beats the old el-cheapo clipper my parents had (we got it from K-mart about 10 years ago).

Best

Kylie

I would not bother with blade wash. Wash the blades in Metho then dryer them and apply a generous amount of clipper oil.

HI everyone,

I am just wondering if come experienced people could give me some advice concerning the care and storage of my clipper and blades? I recently bought a Wahl KM-2 with #4F, #10 and #30 blades. How should I protect my clipper blades from rust and keep them in top-condition? Should I get a blade wash? I have a can/bottle of "shaver guard" from the shaver shop but am unsure if it's suitable for this sort of clipper. Do I need to oil them after cleaning them with a blade wash?

Also should I get a blade caddy or box for storing the blades?

I recently clipped down my parent's old Shih tzu cross and it was awesome - though I am still learning the basics it sure beats the old el-cheapo clipper my parents had (we got it from K-mart about 10 years ago).

Best

Kylie

Edited by poodle3081

Does the instruction manual have any blade care instructions? I found some brands of blades required a slightly different clipper oil recipe than others.

Nope and I read the whole thing ;) I will PM Nicestman77 when I have a sec :p

Thanks

Kylie