Milk Liner Inflations

kelpiekaye

I was just reading the thread about kongs getting stuck in dogs mouth. :eek: I give my dogs milk liner inflations to play with and have never had a problem and have never worn one out. Dogs seem to love them. You can buy a packet of four from Elders, Murray Gouldburn etc.Its a wee bit of a worry when Ruby goes over to the dairy and gets a new one out of the bag though. Dont think the boss would be to happy. :rofl:

I was just reading the thread about kongs getting stuck in dogs mouth. :eek: I give my dogs milk liner inflations to play with and have never had a problem and have never worn one out. Dogs seem to love them. You can buy a packet of four from Elders, Murray Gouldburn etc.Its a wee bit of a worry when Ruby goes over to the dairy and gets a new one out of the bag though. Dont think the boss would be to happy. :rofl:

:o What are these Kelpiekaye?????

They are the rubber liners from the inside of milking cups that go on cows. Great to throw, shake, tug of war etc

They also sold specifically for dog toys now- I think I saw them at an expo or something! :laugh:

Probably charged twice as much. Now theres a thought. We throw all the old liners in the bin, 42X4=168x$.50c=$84 hmmm......

They also sold specifically for dog toys now- I think I saw them at an expo or something! :laugh:

Probably charged twice as much. Now theres a thought. We throw all the old liners in the bin, 42X4=168x$.50c=$84 hmmm......

:rofl: :rofl:

They are the rubber liners from the inside of milking cups that go on cows. Great to throw, shake, tug of war etc

:rofl: Thankyou!!! I was racking my brain trying to figure out what on earth they were!!!

Will have to visit my aunty & uncles dairy farm and get some :D

We started giving these to our dogs about 7 years ago when we were milking cows. When it came time to change the liners in the shed the fairly newer ones got collected and the dogs loved them. Throw them around everywhere. They did eventually chew the heck out of them but it was small managable peices and they got a new one when it got too small.

Wonderful toys for dogs

Edited by Bullbreedlover

They're wonderful, I use them all the time as reward toys. But, they're not indestructible, & I have heard of dogs chewing the end off & swallowing it, causing an obstruction. So be careful when giving them to dogs to play with unsupervised.

They're wonderful, I use them all the time as reward toys. But, they're not indestructible, & I have heard of dogs chewing the end off & swallowing it, causing an obstruction. So be careful when giving them to dogs to play with unsupervised.

Good advice I think with every toy, bones etc. Theres always some destructive hound around that can destroy anything.

My dad has got one that I gave him years ago, he used it to exersise Jude his GSD and now Harvey a GSD he provided a home for and the milk liner is still going. Dad dosnt leave it lying around, he gets it out as a game and puts it away after. My Kelpies dont seem to be very destructive so Im lucky I guess.

Good advice I think with every toy, bones etc. Theres always some destructive hound around that can destroy anything.

My dad has got one that I gave him years ago, he used it to exersise Jude his GSD and now Harvey a GSD he provided a home for and the milk liner is still going. Dad dosnt leave it lying around, he gets it out as a game and puts it away after. My Kelpies dont seem to be very destructive so Im lucky I guess.

Perhaps it also depends how well used they are when the farmer replaces them? As they're only supposed to be used for a set number of milkings (2500 by my memory), but some farmers will stretch that a bit longer to save money! :laugh: So, perhaps new ones, or less used ones, would last longer.

We just use them as tug toys & my mally has been through a few over the last year - they don't get chewed up so much as suddenly tear one day.

Perhaps it also depends how well used they are when the farmer replaces them? As they're only supposed to be used for a set number of milkings (2500 by my memory), but some farmers will stretch that a bit longer to save money! :laugh: So, perhaps new ones, or less used ones, would last longer.

Your right about some farmers stretching it out. Theres a formula to work out when they need replacing. When we're milking 500 cows through 42 ASHB its every three months. As I said earlier Ruby goes over to the dairy and helps herself to new ones. She will get me in deep trouble one day :)