Pet Resort Terrigal

HazyWal

I was wondering if anyone has boarded at Pet Resort Terrigal NSW.I'm going to WA for a week in Sept and need to find somewhere for my two greyhounds.I thought I had a housesitter lined up but has fallen thru.I'm beside myself leaving them as it is :(

I'm in VIC so haven't needed to use their services, however I do know a lot of the key staff members from my time in the dog training industry and they are people I wouldn't hesitate to leave my dogs in the care of. I've seen the facilities in pictures and heard about them from people I know with first hand knowledge and they are apparently second to none!

I have used it and both of my dogs loved it. The private suites are better (the gold and the platinum ones). In the other boarding areas two dogs share a kennel but three kennels share a courtyard that they have free access to. I wasn't comfortable with that arrangement for my dogs. I definitely don't want my dogs to have unsupervised all day access to four other strange dogs.

Its a great facility. I have been there for a tour.

But I will not be leaving my dogs there. I don't want my dogs staying in a kennel with dogs that they have never met, and they are not supervised.

I realise that they can have their own enclosure. But I can't afford the price.

I use Akuna Care, located at Abermain. They do pick ups & delivery to the Central Coast. The owners are awesome, they too have a lovely facility & they understand dogs and their behaviour.

Its a great facility. I have been there for a tour.

But I will not be leaving my dogs there. I don't want my dogs staying in a kennel with dogs that they have never met, and they are not supervised.

I realise that they can have their own enclosure. But I can't afford the price.

I use Akuna Care, located at Abermain. They do pick ups & delivery to the Central Coast. The owners are awesome, they too have a lovely facility & they understand dogs and their behaviour.

The private enclosures/suites are quite expensive. I'll have to plan well in advance when I leave them there. But so far that's the only place I've found where I'll be comfortable leaving my dogs. They have their own room with a proper queen size or single bed and access to their own grassy courtyard. That's what they are used to at home :)

Thank you everyone for your help.I am also concerned about the dogs being together unsupervised.As we know a bite to a greyhound isn't just a scrape it can be a gash and stitches but I love the idea of the heated floors.I'm going the first week in Sept so it's still winter and as my two sleep in my bed with me and I hate to think they would be freezing their bald buts off.(they do wear coats but still).I have been to Playhouse at Wyee and it's lovely but not in winter.I will check out the Abermain one.Thanks again. :)

I have used them for my two, our Boxer is very hyper which doesn't go down well with most other dogs so I informed them of this and they were put in a solo board kennel together. They have the solo board kennels where their outdoor area isn't shared for dogs who don't get along well with others or are a certain breed ;) ;) you just have to tell them when you book. I think the price for the solo board is on their website much cheeper than a suite.

Edited by MyBoxerGirl

I have used them for my two, our Boxer is very hyper which doesn't go down well with most other dogs so I informed them of this and they were put in a solo board kennel together. They have the solo board kennels where their outdoor area isn't shared for dogs who don't get along well with others or are a certain breed ;) ;) you just have to tell them when you book. I think the price for the solo board is on their website much cheeper than a suite.

That's really interesting BoxerGirl they don't mention anything on the website about solo boarding so thanks for the heads up.

my friend is one of the inhouse trainers there, trust me your dog will be in good hands!

Thanx Roguedog,it just worries me that I'll be on the other side of the country!!!!!!Mind you I have the most wonderful friends here in Terrigal that will be the first there if it all goes to crap :laugh: