Gsd Breeder Recommendations

jacqui835

VOM VOLKERSON

Ph : +6421555858

This one up here has a proper SV litter is best you can get in the German Shepherd Dog. Both parents German import VA rating Kkl SchH3 beautiful pups bred by the book. This is the type of showline dogs you making half of the working line dogs bred here look stupid!

Joe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is interesting to look at the breed standard, then look at some of the top winning dogs. Clearly a lot of the judges take no notice of the standard they are supposed to be judging to.

Should not need a judge or even a standard to tell anyone looking, that this breed has fallen totally off the tracks (at least in the show ring).

Edited by shortstep

VOM VOLKERSON

This one up here has a proper SV litter is best you can get in the German Shepherd Dog. Both parents German import VA rating Kkl SchH3 beautiful pups bred by the book. This is the type of showline dogs you making half of the working line dogs bred here look stupid!

Joe

Tell me more, have you seen these lines working in Qld, Joe? Any dogs in particular I should be looking out for?

VOM VOLKERSON

Joe

Tell me more, have you seen these lines working in Qld, Joe? Any dogs in particular I should be looking out for?

I think these are the parents of the litter noted above.

So these are top German working lines or show lines?

http://www.dogspot.in/puppies/volkersonkennels9-german-shepherd-dog-alsatian/

VOM VOLKERSON

Joe

Yes the litter parents are both VA Kkl1 SchH3 from Germany is highest testing results on the Shepherd Dog and this testing stopping the incorrect traits on the dog from breeding and only the best dogs are good enough to pass on this level. This dogs are West German showline but will have beautiful drive and balance in the temperament and the good health, strength and conformation. Showline dog of this level is better worker than average working line dog.

Joe

VOM VOLKERSON

Joe

Yes the litter parents are both VA Kkl1 SchH3 from Germany is highest testing results on the Shepherd Dog and this testing stopping the incorrect traits on the dog from breeding and only the best dogs are good enough to pass on this level. This dogs are West German showline but will have beautiful drive and balance in the temperament and the good health, strength and conformation. Showline dog of this level is better worker than average working line dog.

Joe

So you think these dogs are considered to have level top line and absence of roached back that the poster is after?

I recommend www.macklinshepherds.com. I sent them an email a few months ago gushing about how I love that they're keeping the traditional look of their German Shepherds and they just very lovely to converse with. If I ever get a German Shepherd, it will be a Macklin. :thumbsup: Their dogs are gorgeous.

Bear is from Macklin, can highly recommend them

Definitely going to contact. Do you have any photos of Bear that we can see :D

26082009Medium.jpg

DSCF0987Medium.jpg

DSCF2385.jpg

Kepala13-4-08-76.jpg

DSCF8849.jpg

DSCF2691.jpg

As said in the other

GO to an all breeds dog show and you will find what you want, a lot of it is in the handling.

:thumbsup:

The slope in the GSD has been done to death.

Go to the breeds section on Dogzonline to start your research there. There are a number of breeders still breeding the straight back dogs.

:thumbsup:

Both have already been suggested PM.

Good luck with your search Jacqui.

Hope you find the dog you are looking for.

So you think these dogs are considered to have level top line and absence of roached back that the poster is after?

Um no they are not what the OP posted a picture of in the GSD thread of what she wants.

Try calling it a level back which is what it is, not a straight back.

You also need to talk to the breeders you are looking at, as what they would

term a 'high drive'dog v what you call one. I would suggest that the high drive

you see in your dob will be nothing compared to a german shepherd with a high drive.

you do realise that some dogs may have that 'straight back' but if you stack them into a 'show' position you can make the topline slope downwards?

I only bother with shepherd photos that show the dog in a natural pose or free photos, you will see the true conformation of the animal. Speak to the sportdog club down there you may be able to get recommendations.

Personally, I went to Malinois for a reason.

Here are a few things you might find useful for learning about correct GSD conformation

WUSV_Anatomy.jpg

http://www.shawlein.com/The_Standard/04_The_Back/The_Back.html

http://www.shawlein.com/The_Standard/12_Type_Comparison/Comparison_Types.html

(all articles on that site are a good read)

Please note too, that in the breed standard, it does not say the back should be horizontal

http://www.ankc.org.au/Breed_Details.aspx?bid=143

Bear is lovely thanks so much for sharing. Having cats I just love the pic of him with his feline friend and it is wonderful seeing him working sheep. A GSD doing a job they were bred to do :thumbsup: What is he like with tiny annoying dogs lol

There are a couple of working line gsd breederds in SA if you prefer a dog with a straighter back.

Here's one.

Brooksvale gsd

I don't know them personally to be able to recommend them so you need to do the research and discuss, visit the breeder to see if they could most likely provide provide you with what you are looking for.

Good Luck :)

Edited by kateshep

Bear is lovely thanks so much for sharing. Having cats I just love the pic of him with his feline friend and it is wonderful seeing him working sheep. A GSD doing a job they were bred to do :thumbsup: What is he like with tiny annoying dogs lol

Thanks he's pretty good with everyone even annoying puppies chewing on him.....

DSCF0839Medium.jpg

DSCF9118Medium.jpg

DSCF8301.jpg

DSCF7030.jpg

DSCF6775.jpg

Were you specifically after a pup? Perhaps consider a Police 'reject'? If the SA is anything like QLD, a number of fab looking higher then average (pet) drive, straight backed, often sable dogs don't quite make the grade to become a Police Dog - and so get desexed and put up for adoption. Not talking huge numbers usually (i know the list in QLD is longer then the number of available dogs) but 'perfect' homes can often be bumped up the list....