Dog Blogs

"faverate"

??????????????????????

sorry, I don't get this. I was raised in the US and spent many years in Australia. I have trouble with spelling differences between English dialects. If you use a dozen question marks, please provide an intelligible question. The point of the post was to help people direct one another to useful/interesting/fun blogs.

Given the number of times I've overlooked what are blatant errors in spelling/usage in any English dialect, eg., 'there' for 'their' and 'its' for 'it's' on posts, I am inclined to take it personally when someone attacks for what is correct spelling of 'favorite' in US English . . . but I refrain from pointing my middle finger :D.

Edited by sandgrubber

"faverate"

??????????????????????

sorry, I don't get this. I was raised in the US and spent many years in Australia. I have trouble with spelling differences between English dialects. If you use a dozen question marks, please provide an intelligible question. The point of the post was to help people direct one another to useful/interesting/fun blogs.

Given the number of times I've overlooked what are blatant errors in spelling/usage in any English dialect, eg., 'there' for 'their' and 'its' for 'it's' on posts, I am inclined to take it personally when someone attacks for what is correct spelling of 'favorite' in US English . . . but I refrain from pointing my middle finger :D.

I'm not sure if they were having a dig or not but it was directed at my spelling.

I quite enjoyed reading the terriermans blog, some very interesting things in it even though I'm not particularly into terriers.

Ah, terrierman had an awesome blog, I learned so much through him.

I don't really like reading dog blogs unless they're educational or something--more often than not, the appalling web design on dog blogs or dog-related sites in general (like breeder websites) makes me horrified and I have to leave before I start screaming. :laugh: That's just me though.

Well guess what????

After heading off and looking at the above mentioned blogs I was also impressed with Big Honey's blog.

I thought nothing more about it and today I decided to go into Newcastle and explore the area a bit. I am on a 'road trip' from Tassie and am only here for about 10 days. Anyway, I head up to Nobby's Lighthouse taking photos and on the way back I noticed a girl trying to photograph a great dane down on the dog beach. I thought I would photograph her photographing her dog and then something occurred to me. . . . . could that possibly be Honey?

I stretched my legs and trotted off to join the lady and the dog at the beach and found them sunning themselves out of the wind. I approached the owner of the Dane and found that she looked a little Oriental - surely not, it couldn't possibly Big Honey and her mistress??? And it WAS!!!!! I can't spell her name but the lady was wonderfully friendly (with an awesome English accent) and we chatted for ages. We talked dogs and cameras (she has a Canon 7D like me) and walked back to the cars.

So what a coincidence! Me on a road trip from Tassie, see a blog on DOL and the very next day meet the characters in question in a strange city. It definitely made a sunny day, sunnier!!

Thought I would share. . . .

;)

Cairo1

Awesome luck Cairo- I was just reading Honey's blog yesterday- I think the lady is called Hsin-yi ?. I have heard from some one who met her in Brisbane that she is lovely.

I also enjoy reading about Jasmine the Havanese on her blog. Cj ( Jasmine's owner is a FB friend) and I really enjoy her video's on You Tube.

http://myfavoritepup.blogspot.com/

"faverate"

??????????????????????

Their, adj,the possessive form of they,used before a noun

There,adv. in,at,to,or into that place.

I'm sorry I just get annoyed by the Americanization of our culture being forced onto us by the internet, though it has been going on a lot longer than that.

Edited by Mervin

yeah, that was Sandgrubber's intent...join a dog forum over many years, makes thousands of posts, just to turn us Aussies into Yanks.

BTW, the difference between their and there has nothing to do with Amercianisation, so I don't know what you're on about.

This is a dog forum. If you want to correct basic English all the time I suggest you become a primary school teacher.