I Want To Insure My Gear...where To?

redangel

Mine are all insured as part of home and contents - each item (body / lens) is insured along with its serial number, for at home and elsewhere. I think it cost an extra $60 ish pa.

Annie

Edited by anniek

Mine are listed with public liability and gear cover with AON, as photographers insurance, I can't have them under the home insurance as I use them for business, and they would be worth well more than the tiny amount I would be allowed under that anyway even if I was not in the business

Mmm, mine was covered under my home and contents insurance while in the home.......or so I thought.

Apparently you are only covered if someone else's dog eats your camera, not your own :o

Mmm, mine was covered under my home and contents insurance while in the home.......or so I thought.

Apparently you are only covered if someone else's dog eats your camera, not your own :o

Didn't you tell them the dog wasn't yours ... because you have disowned it ... ;)

Mine are listed with public liability and gear cover with AON, as photographers insurance, I can't have them under the home insurance as I use them for business, and they would be worth well more than the tiny amount I would be allowed under that anyway even if I was not in the business

Wrell said Linda - same here. Anyone using equipment for generating income should get the gear insured outside the normal home and contents as the insurance companys can use that as a reason to to pay apparently (but then I guess when I was told that I had already had the business going with the business name for some time)

Mine is under my home and contents insurance as an added extra. I had to list all the equiptment individually with serial numbers and replacement prices. This did add $$ to the previous policy, but I think this is so important for such expensive gear. This covers me inside and outside the home (aus wide) and even for accidental breakage etc.

Didn't you tell them the dog wasn't yours ... because you have disowned it ... ;)

Hahaha, funnily enough I did disown her. She was a foster dog :laugh:

If they are for personal use only you can put the on home and contents.

I have Suncorp Platinum insurance and unless the individual item (so lens or body of flash) is worth $4999.00 or less, I do not have to list it separately, just have to have the proof of ownership if it is 'lost' or obviously the damaged item if that is what happened.