Stolen Assistance Dog On Channel 9 News

TessiesTracey

Did anyone else see this on tonights Channel 9 news?

I'm on the Gold Coast so guess the news is local, but wasn't 100% sure.

Reason for asking, I didn't hear where the dog had been stolen from (area) and was hoping there might be a link online to be able to cross-post? Really feel for the little girl who the assitant dog ...well... assists.

Cheers.

I wonder whether its an accredited assistance dog or yet another person making the claim about a pet.

I thought that as well but at the end of the segment a man from an assistance dog organisation came on and was pleading for them to get it back so maybe it is genuine.

I tried to find a link to the story but lucked out

I wonder whether its an accredited assistance dog or yet another person making the claim about a pet.

I thought that as well but at the end of the segment a man from an assistance dog organisation came on and was pleading for them to get it back so maybe it is genuine.

I tried to find a link to the story but lucked out

Either way, I hope they get the dog back safe and quickly

Something to note - although there are people out there that do illegally claim their pet as an assistance dog, not all assistance dogs are accredited, nor do they need to be.

I can only hope that as word spreads about this, the dognappers have a change of heart. Fingers crossed.

this is so sad :( assistance dog or not any missing or stolen dog is upsetting

I have tried to look for a link for you TessiesTracey and cannot find one only thing I can think of is email Channel 9 about the segment.

Was it a diabetic alert dog? I've heard of one named Mika. I didn't think it was a Staffy though.

I think that was the dog, (the name is right) though it was reported as an American Staffordshire Bull Terrier in the news item.

Edited by TessiesTracey

Was it a diabetic alert dog? I've heard of one named Mika. I didn't think it was a Staffy though.

I think that was the dog, (the name is right) though it was reported as an American Staffordshire Bull Terrier in the news item.

I don't know if this article might give you more info, if you think it's the same dog. http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/188558-assistance-dogs-news-articles/page__view__findpost__p__4309954

I don't know if this article might give you more info, if you think it's the same dog. http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/188558-assistance-dogs-news-articles/page__view__findpost__p__4309954

Nope, sadly I think that is a different dog. Definitely wasn't a Min Pin, and the dog was an assistance dog for a child rather than an adult.

Thanks though. :)

The dog has been found :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Really? That's great news. Now.... do you have a link to the news report that tells us that? lol

No but apparently the dog followed a lady home from a park it had no collar or tag so she didn't know who owned it. I didn't see if she checked for a microchip but anyway she saw the story on the news ( a week later) and realised it was the same dog.