So Annoyed About An Ad I Just Read :(

Basically it said i want a guard dog that will bite someone.

Seriously and the photo he has was of a rottweiler :( is there a way where you can report ads like this to the council?

oh he spelt guard like this *gard* :mad just an uneducated idiot.

Seriously and the photo he has was of a rottweiler :( is there a way where you can report ads like this to the council?

If there is a phone number on there I would report it to the police, skip the council. Idiot might think twice about writing stupid ad's if the cops show up questioning his intent to use a dog as a "dangerous weapon with intent to harm." And maybe the local RSPCA might get him to for "training an attack/fighting dog" not entirely true but they don't have to know that.

If there is a phone number on there I would report it to the police, skip the council. Idiot might think twice about writing stupid ad's if the cops show up questioning his intent to use a dog as a "dangerous weapon with intent to harm." And maybe the local RSPCA might get him to for "training an attack/fighting dog" not entirely true but they don't have to know that.

Why would you want to get someone in trouble for something they haven't done?

So the author's English is not great.

It does not make them an idiot.

'A guard dog that bites someone'

sounds to me like they are wanting a serious guard dog not a bark and run or a watch dog.

I guess if they spell guard, as 'gard', then communication probably is not their strong point.

A police matter?

wtf

just don't read the Ad ...

Seriously and the photo he has was of a rottweiler :(is there a way where you can report ads like this to the council?

There's a way you can report threads like this for breaching forum rules.

Seriously, what's the point of this post.. paying out on a person you don't know based on a few words? Encouraging others to do the same?

It's not illegal to own a guard dog.

Edited by poodlefan

sounds to me like they are wanting a serious guard dog not a bark and run or a watch dog.

I guess if they spell guard, as 'gard', then communication probably is not their strong point.

A police matter?

wtf

*shrug* just sounds like a dangerous dog situation waiting to happen. Possibly an over reaction but yeah... to me just seriously sounds like someone who shouldn't be responsible for a dog "I want a dog that bites" is not a properly trained dog.. its a bad situation waiting to happen. I hope no one responds to the ad at all.

A police matter?

wtf

*shrug* just sounds like a dangerous dog situation waiting to happen. Possibly an over reaction but yeah... to me just seriously sounds like someone who shouldn't be responsible for a dog "I want a dog that bites" is not a properly trained dog.. its a bad situation waiting to happen. I hope no one responds to the ad at all.

not really :)

I can see why Dogs would be concerned/annoyed by this ad but I don't think it is a police or council matter especially as the person has not acquired a dog and probably won't.

Dogs I have to say you seem to find these sorts of ads a lot. I don't know where you are looking (Gumtree, Trading Post?) but advise you stop if you are always finding so many ads that annoy you.:)

It 'basically said' the person wanted a dog to bite someone. Did it actually say that?

Yes it did

I knew it wasnt a police matter but i was just asking if i could do something about it. But obviously i cant and a few people on here think its okay :confused: what if this dog gets out and attacks someone. He is basically buying it to be pts, I know he hasnt got it yet but its the fact he is looking for a dog that will bite someone.

People on here sure change opinions a lot.

Edited by Dogsrawesome

It 'basically said' the person wanted a dog to bite someone. Did it actually say that?

Yes it did

I knew it wasnt a police matter but i was just asking if i could do something about it. But obviously i cant and a few people on here think its okay :confused: what if this dog gets out and attacks someone. He is basically buying it to be pts, I know he hasnt got it yet but its the fact he is looking for a dog that will bite someone.

People on here sure change opinions a lot.

Why would you think you SHOULD do something about it?

I don't think its "OK" but gee you're jumping to a lot of conclusions based on not a lot of facts.

I fail to see the point of constantly drawing our attention to ads or websites that upset you. Its a breach of forum rules for a start. If you want to discuss guard dogs and issues that surround them then start a thread about it. Pointing at ads, making judgemental comments about their authors and expecting us all to shriek in sympathetic horror is rather tedious. After all, you're the only person whose seen the actual ad anyway.

There are plenty of folk who both want and own dogs that will bite intruders to their yards. Its called territorial aggression and some breeds have been selectively developed to display it. Many of the same dogs display no aggressive tendencies off their own turf OR in the presence of their owners.

And all kinds of folk both want and own dogs that will defend territory. That doesn't necessarily make them irresponsible or idiots. It doesn't necessarily mean their dogs will escape to wreak havoc in their communities either.

If you want to discuss your concerns about people owning guard dogs then fill your boots. I just get rather tired of posters jumping on chairs, drawing up their skirts in shock/indignation and expecting everyone to empathise with their point of view.

Lets discuss facts/situations not feelings.

Edited by poodlefan

I just went through the topics i have posted and this is the first one about an ad? So i think you have gotten me confused with someone else? I was just asking again if i could do something because i thought it was wrong.

I think there maybe a reason as to why they want a guard dog, maybe they are getting harassed by someone maybe they are scared and want a dog that will protect them and MAYBE they know what to do to make sure it is properly fenced in, also the gard might have just been a typo :p i think they should have gone about it in another way than that advert by they might not have known any better.