Anyone Else Have An Obsessive Burier?

Inevitablue

Each week my 5 mo girl keeps finding new things to bury.

She has always hidden treats and toys throughout the house, inside shoes, behind the DVD player, behind the cushions on the lounge. She no longer gets pigs ears unless she eats them in front of us, and the other night she did some tricks then took the piece of cabanossi she was rewarded with and put it behind the DVD player (low line entertainment unit) then turned to get the newspaper on the coffee table to cover it with!

The toys she has in the backyard are kept neatly in one hole, uncovered. Although when I found a sock in the hole we started to keep a closer eye on what leaves the back door!

This morning was the funniest though, out walking and she is a stick collector as we walk, but when I stopped to talk to a friend, she dug a little hole on the council strip, placed a stick then covered it with leaves. :laugh:

She does sound rather passionate. :)

Dory will bury any food item that is not a part of a chicken or turkey. So pigs ears...buried...any lamb or beef...buried.

What intrigues me with Dory is she remembers where she buries things even 12 mths on, she will reposition everything if she feels her hiding spots have been compromised. The only time I've seen her dig up her stores is when I've put her on a diet, or we are moving house.

What she doesn't know is her secret squirrel furtive look always gives her game away.

Brockie, the Tibbie boy next door was a strategic, single-minded burier. His dad was strict with him, that he must not chase their cat, Honey. So Brockie figured out how to starve the cat out. He'd pick up Honey's dinner dish in his mouth, trot up the yard with it & bury it behind the garden shed. We got used to the sight of Brockie trotting up the yard carrying a cat's bowl. Visitors used to be gobsmacked. They were used to seeing dogs burying bones....but a dish of cat food????

Our old dog , Gertie used to bury the chooks alive ! A few times we caught her .. with a poor chook upside down in a hole - on their backs ,with heads & legs pointing up....dirt all over . One way to keep dinner fresh . Chooks were bruised, but recovered OK :)

Edited by persephone

Our old dog , Gertie used to bury the chooks alive ! A few times we caught her .. with a poor chook upside down in a hole - on their backs ,with heads & legs pointing up....dirt all over . One way to keep dinner fresh . Chooks were bruised, but recovered OK :)

:rofl:

Each week my 5 mo girl keeps finding new things to bury.

She has always hidden treats and toys throughout the house, inside shoes, behind the DVD player, behind the cushions on the lounge. She no longer gets pigs ears unless she eats them in front of us, and the other night she did some tricks then took the piece of cabanossi she was rewarded with and put it behind the DVD player (low line entertainment unit) then turned to get the newspaper on the coffee table to cover it with!

The toys she has in the backyard are kept neatly in one hole, uncovered. Although when I found a sock in the hole we started to keep a closer eye on what leaves the back door!

This morning was the funniest though, out walking and she is a stick collector as we walk, but when I stopped to talk to a friend, she dug a little hole on the council strip, placed a stick then covered it with leaves. :laugh:

lolc9gq.gif how precious!!!

What she doesn't know is her secret squirrel furtive look always gives her game away.

it's a dead giveaway :laugh: both mine have no smarts about that at all!!!

Brockie, the Tibbie boy next door was a strategic, single-minded burier. His dad was strict with him, that he must not chase their cat, Honey. So Brockie figured out how to starve the cat out. He'd pick up Honey's dinner dish in his mouth, trot up the yard with it & bury it behind the garden shed. We got used to the sight of Brockie trotting up the yard carrying a cat's bowl. Visitors used to be gobsmacked. They were used to seeing dogs burying bones....but a dish of cat food????

laugingsohardcryingoo1.gif

GET

OUT

!!!

catpinkpantherrofltf1.gif

My greyhound Maddie is not a burier but an obsessive hole digger.We live 10 houses from the beach but if she keeps going we'll be waterfront by the end of the week! :laugh:

:rofl:

We looked after a friend's greyhound for a few months - he used to bury shoes along the fence line :laugh: taught us to put them away - and if not, we knew where to find them!

lolf9xk.gif

there's not a lot worse than bedding down and becoming aware of the smell of raw meat wafting over head --- it's a bugger when you're dog tired and then finding a yummy partly chewed near rotting raw meaty bone squirelled away between the pillows near the wall...

removing the offending article has to sometimes be enuf cuz it's just too late to care about the sheets eekd0ng.gif

I gave my dog a kong with somenkong treats for Xmas, he promptly buried it. We were on holidays at the time so no longer have a kong. We no longer givenhim bones or pig ears because there have been times when I have found them in the bed!

He is always pinching the kids toys and burying them in the sand pit.

My sons first words were 'out with it'. I always know the dog has his stuffed toy inside when my son says this. The said toy is now called outwithit.

No but mine likes to gather and hoard things on her bed (particualry shoes), or on my bed (which is basically her second bed) :laugh:

Sometimes she has one shoe from a pair downstairs on her bed and the other shoe upstairs on "my" bed lol