If Anyone Has Sold A Entire Paroah Hound To North West Qld

KOE

surely a breeder would know where the Hound came from. Seems there are only 11 breeders on DOL, interestingly two of those breeders come from up North QLD way, MacKay and Townsville and another from Dayborough but not sure where that is.

hope the boy finds his way home, you would think if you went to the trouble of getting a rare breed that you would look after it properly! :mad:mad:mad

hope the boy finds his way home, you would think if you went to the trouble of getting a rare breed that you would look after it properly! :mad:mad:mad

I've known people who have kept Salukis for years and years who have made one misjudgment and had a dog on the run for weeks. Sometimes they recover them, often they don't. They are challenging and hard to catch. Pharaohs are not dissimilar in that respect.

I hope to God it never happens to me, and I have a lot of precautions in place, but it really does take only one split second lapse of judgement, especially when the dog is new.

Also, there is at least one irresponsible breeder of Pharaohs - no names, no pack drill - but they are winding up in rescue and what I would call "semi-rescue". In this case I think the wisest course would be to contact local breeders and tell them about it. If it's one of theirs they are in the best position to help catch it.

this is a mining town so I would say it wasnt bred here, and I have seen no notices in the paper or around town. I will be contacting the Council this morning, as the area he is in is fraught with pigging dogs so he is likely to be horribly bashed.

this is a mining town so I would say it wasnt bred here, and I have seen no notices in the paper or around town. I will be contacting the Council this morning, as the area he is in is fraught with pigging dogs so he is likely to be horribly bashed.

They'd have to catch him first!

I've caught a wandering Pharoah hound before. Put him in my back yard to make a call and next thing he was in the neighbours yard. They sure can jump!

Hope this one gets a happy ending.

Could it be an Ibizan many can confuse the breed.

Heavens knows where they would get one from but I suppose someone moving to area could bring one.

Just a thought. :)

no not a Ibizan can assure you I know what a Pharoah Hound looks like, I spoke to the prson in charge at the council told them where I had seen it I also told them to look one up on the internet so They would know what they were lookig for/at.