Rip My Darling Bronnie

kbrown

Yesterday I had to say goodbye to my darling boy Bronson. It was the hardest decision I have ever had to make.

Bronson was at a lovely age of 18 and brought so many special moments to our family.

We first adopted him from the RSPCA when he was dumped at the age of 11 as his owners wanted to start breeding and didn't want him to contaminate their breeding.

I saw his picture in the paper and went up to visit him every day thinking how could someone do that to a pet they had had for so long. The poor boy then developed cat flu and the RSPCA said it was kinder to put him to sleep at his age. I said no but they wouldn't let me take him home wanting to monitor him and get him well if I decided to adopt him. Finally they said it would be nicer to take him home and let him have lots of cuddles and love and he did and we had him for 7 years. He was our first pet and like a firstborn child to us.

I remember bringing him home and spending the day with him and then my hubby came home (he was just my boyfriend at the time) and Bronnie ran up to him and hissed at him as if to say don't you hurt my mummy. He has been by my side every moment of my life since then.

Last night was very hard. He normally sleeps up on my chest or back and I was very lonely without him and didn't sleep at all.

Bronson I love you so much and I hope you weren't in any pain. I will always love you and remember all our special times we shared. Thank you for being a part of our lives and being the darling you were.

RIP my darling say hi to Keysh for us and now you two can be together keeping each other warm. xx

:rainbowbridge:

post-11766-0-15864700-1309299903_thumb.jpg

When you adopt the older ones it seems even harder when they have gone...we feel that we haven't spent enough time with them to make up for the years they weren't with us, so we love them just that-much-more.

Have fun over the Rainbow with all your new mates Bronnie.

• 2 weeks later...

What a huge heart you have to adopt an older furry kid kbrown. I am so sure that Bronson's golden years were his best ever cause they were spent with

you & your family, a very much loved member of your family.

Now he is running free over rainbow bridge but he hasn't left you all together, theirs that very special spot in your heart that remains his

& all those fond memories. So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. :hug:

RIP boy, :rainbowbridge:

Edited by BC Crazy

I just wanted to thank all the lovely people who have commented on our cat Bronnie. He did mean the world to us and the last few weeks have been very hard without him. I keep thinking I see him or hear him or feel him sleeping on me at night. Our place is very empty without him. We have decided we can't get any more cats but we are getting back into doing more for rescue. Which we feel we can support better. So at least with his passing we are now helping other cats and animals who wouldn't normally get a chance.

Hope you are enjoying your quiet time without the boys hassling you Bronnie.

Love you always

xx