Puppy Enquiry

Bjelkier

So I am planning our first litter for later on in the year and we have been getting puppy enquireies for quite awhile now.

I recently got a puppy enquiry that I am not 100% sure about, I don't know if I'm being a little too judgemental or suspecious.

This person is after a male puppy from me and they already have their name down for a female from another breeder which is currently about 3 weeks old. Now this person says they are willing to desex the pup but I wonder. I am also worried about two young dogs around the same age in a house of four children. The dogs apparently have to toilet inside as well. :confused:

Would you be comfortable selling one of your pups to live in this situation?

No. Too close in age for training and development purposes and a definite risk of BYBing if they are not registered breeders. And the toileting inside bit is very odd, particularly for an active medium sized dog. How much exercise are these dogs going to get?

You could tell him that male companion dogs will be sold with desexed or with a vasectomy. That should weed out their intentions pretty quickly.

No. Too close in age for training and development purposes and a definite risk of BYBing if they are not registered breeders. And the toileting inside bit is very odd, particularly for an active medium sized dog. How much exercise are these dogs going to get?

You could tell him that male companion dogs will be sold with desexed or with a vasectomy. That should weed out their intentions pretty quickly.

You have pretty much voiced all my concerns and opinions SSM.

I was told the dog would get as much exercise as needed but I wasn't too sure about that answer, seems a bit to general to me.

I would say No as well.

Did they tell you about the other puppy or did the breeder? Maybe they thought best to put there name down on a few litters so they could secure a pup ( I don't like that idea my self )

I would say No as well.

Did they tell you about the other puppy or did the breeder? Maybe they thought best to put there name down on a few litters so they could secure a pup ( I don't like that idea my self )

They told me when I asked if they had any other dogs.

No for me also, 4 kids & 2 dogs inside, toileting inside??? Total Chaos!!! Do they not have a yard / garden.

Apparently they do have a yard but I wonder if its actually fenced.

Thanks for the input guys.

Helps me a lot to know other people are thinking the same thing. :)

I would say No as well.

They told me when I asked if they had any other dogs.

I give them credit for telling you.

So I am planning our first litter for later on in the year and we have been getting puppy enquireies for quite awhile now.

I recently got a puppy enquiry that I am not 100% sure about, I don't know if I'm being a little too judgemental or suspecious.

This person is after a male puppy from me and they already have their name down for a female from another breeder which is currently about 3 weeks old. Now this person says they are willing to desex the pup but I wonder. I am also worried about two young dogs around the same age in a house of four children. The dogs apparently have to toilet inside as well. :confused:

This same person contacted me via email, I asked for her phone number to give her a call about a puppy, I also asked who she was getting the bitch from, she refused to give me details of either!

Very strange indeed. Why wouldn't she give me her phone number.....because I will not guarantee her a puppy!

But lady I want to talk to you about a possible puppy.

Guarantee me a puppy and we will talk!

Bye Bye, try someone else lady!

This same person contacted me via email, I asked for her phone number to give her a call about a puppy, I also asked who she was getting the bitch from, she refused to give me details of either!

Very strange indeed. Why wouldn't she give me her phone number.....because I will not guarantee her a puppy!

But lady I want to talk to you about a possible puppy.

Guarantee me a puppy and we will talk!

Bye Bye, try someone else lady!

There are some very strange people in this world. Block her off your email.

:eek: With those responses, my gut is saying 'dealer', and my bet is the many pups they source will be on thier way to a pet shop in Singapore damn quick. Could be utterly wrong, but it sounds too suss either way.

fifi